Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

Examples of Censorship Today?

For an English project, I need to define censorship in my own words and come up with an example of censorship in the world today (either in music, internet, freedom of speech etc). I was fine with the definition of censorship but don't quite know any examples of it today. Can anyone direct me to some websites/give me examples of censorship?

Thank you so much to anyone who can answer. =]

Favorite Answer

I would say that "embedded" journalists in Iraq are a form of censorship (or self-censorship) of the media. This leads to coverage that is biased in favor of the Government's pro-war position, rather than more objective coverage that presents both sides of the coin.

A more blatant form of censorship in this connection was the embargo on photos of US soldiers coming home in flag-draped coffins. It played down the number of casualties as a result of hostilities in Iraq.

• ?

Censorship Examples

Examples Of Censorship

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Examples of Censorship Today?

For an English project, I need to define censorship in my own words and come up with an example of censorship in the world today (either in music, internet, freedom of speech etc). I was fine with the definition of censorship but don't quite know any examples of it today. Can anyone direct me...

Source(s): examples censorship today: https://shortly.im/bkuGZ

Censorship is a systematic deletion of messages or parts of the messages usually on behalf of the government in order to prevent that message from being received by the target audience

For instance, way back there during the apartheid era...some music (tracks) were not allowed to be played in South Africa because it would change the way of life (politically, socially etc)

Books---would be banned

Newspapers---would close down

The biggest one in music would be the CDs they sell to kids will the profanity removed. That is censorship because that is not how the song was recorded. Radio stations do the same things they beep or take out the swear words.

• Sheila

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/tMbLZ

How about the U.S. government not letting the media video or photograph the loading of coffins into air transport planes returning to the U.S. This was a long standing practise until they put an end to it so people would not know how many military personnel were being killed.

Chris Brown - "Party Next Door" on 4Music:

"She got 4 friends, I hope they go

Double up and bring 4 more

STOHS NORTAP EHT DNA YSSENNEH

Make the white girls WOL TEG ANNAW

HoodyBaby, my kin folk and OHB, ROF LLIK I

That other party, that's next door

EOH EVAS TAHT SAGGIN HTIW KCUF T'NOD EW

Spanish chicks KCID EKAT NAC YEHT

Black girls TIHS KLAT OT EVOL

White girls YALPEROF EHT EVOL

Handstand, make them turn tricks

She took my proposition GNIPMIP EHT TUOB'

She know how to flip it, ain't come with interest

She telling AGGIN YESON A mind his business

Always hating cause they know we winning

Grown man TIHS, I don't need permission

NMAD A EVIG T'NOD I if they real sisters

SEOH KAERF MEHT HTIW KCUF YLNO I ,AGGIN

Beast mode, YSSUP EHT TAE"

I can give you one that really annoys me; Disney's Song of the South not being released due to some misperceptions about racism, which does not exist anywhere in the film.

when you listen to songs on the radio certain words are bleeped out, and some songs arent even played