Is this normal to happen durning my period?

Okay, this always happens to me durning my period, When i go to the batheroom, and I wipe my butt(this is digusting, I know, but just curious) is it normal to see red on the toilet paper(Note: When ever i get my period this happens) and someone else asked this same type of question and people say no.

oh okay! thanks everyone, that's a relief, someone else asked this same question people told her she needed surgery!

Favorite Answer

It could be very well that some of the blood from you cycle is reaching to the anus. They are both so very close together. If it is ONLY happening during this time, I think you have nothing to worry about.

But if it happens without the period present, you need to seek medical advice from a Doctor and have it check out.

I think if it were a serious problem, it would occur more often and maybe with other symptoms.

Oh, and for your comment "it gross..." as a nurse, nothing is gross when there is a concern about your body functions and issues you encounter.Never be afraid to ask a trusted source if there should ever be a question in your mind about something in the future.

Hope this helps.

Source(s): Nurse

I don't understand your question. If you're having your period, then you must be bleeding and so blood on the toilet paper is normal...unless it is coming from somewhere other than your uterus and then that is not normal. Often our bodies become easily out of balance during our periods, and so you can have changes in your digestive system which may cause you to have diarrhea or constipation and that may lead to bleeding of the "other" part of your private parts. I'm assuming that is what you are really talking about. But if bleeding from that area is excessive, I'd get that checked.

In the morning, yes it is normal, but not all the time. If it gets too bad and you have a phobia of blood your doctor might or should put you on birth control. Best of luck, xx

Yes, it is perfectly normal. If you have bleeding during the period. There is nothing to be worry as all.

Yes it is normal, I hate to be graphic but your bum hole and other hole are so close together that when you wipe your touching the hole where where you bleed out of and are getting it on the tissue, it's happend to me a few times, nothing to worry about

Yes, it is perfectly normal. It is the blood from your period.

(since it only happens during your period)

What?!? Is this a real question? So you mean that you're seeing your menstrual blood on the TP? Well, of course that is totally normal. However, if it's coming from #2, then that might be a cause for concern.

yes i get that too...when u sit down the blood migrats to ur butt. thats why i put pantie liner on the bk of my underwear.

the blood from your period drips down to your behind, especially if you are laying down or sitting. no need to worry honey, its normal.

Source(s): being a woman for 27 yrs

yeah it happens to me too. its juss when the blood runs back. and not up. it can get very aggravating