Christians and Evolution please?

Christian's, or many, seem to be against evolution. They write little smart ***, snarky questions to downplay them (breaking sins "Pride" and "anger" while doing so). My one friend, who is Christian, once asked "so, if I stop using my arm, it'll fall off? HAHAH evolution is... show more Christian's, or many, seem to be against evolution. They write little smart ***, snarky questions to downplay them (breaking sins "Pride" and "anger" while doing so).

My one friend, who is Christian, once asked "so, if I stop using my arm, it'll fall off? HAHAH evolution is stupid." He took HIS idea of what evolution was, ran with it (it was an illogical assumption) then laughed at how stupid it was.

Meanwhile, I am thinking "ok, if he doesn't even understand how evolution actually works, how would he ever believe it." I'm seeing the same thing here. Someone just asked a question about monkey's turning into humans. Thats not even how evolution works, that's more an argument for "fate" then "a natural process" theory.

So, my question is, if you, Christians, cannot understand evolution and make up your own versions of it, why would anyone ever think you could accept it when you make it as unbelievable as your current beliefs? Is this a defence mechanism?
Update: That monkey example was someone asking when a monkey will turn human - she is assuming that evolution is "fixed." She is wrong. It's like thinking 1+1=3 then saying that a larger math problem is wrong and cannot work because of this smaller 1. 1+1+1+1 = 6 because 1+1=3 - you're stupid. ... show more That monkey example was someone asking when a monkey will turn human - she is assuming that evolution is "fixed." She is wrong.

It's like thinking 1+1=3 then saying that a larger math problem is wrong and cannot work because of this smaller 1.

1+1+1+1 = 6 because 1+1=3 - you're stupid. This is the impression I get, they don't have a correct starting foundation so they get everything else wrong.
Update 2: Whitehorse, I said many, not all.
Update 3: Jesus is lord, micro and macro: Each approach offers different insights into the evolution process. I enjoy how you pick one but not the other, neat

Zenbull, i think you're right. I'd say "ignorant" though