problems with high blood pressure.?

I have recently been experiencing problems with high blood pressure. At the hospital it was 200/110. I am getting help from my GP but cant see him for a week or so.

I have bought a blood pressure monitor and have noticed something that I dont understand.

After I have exercised I do a reading and my puls rate goes up to 104. The blood pressure reading at this time is reduced to 143/98 which is normal blood pressure.

Is it normal for blood pressure to reduce when your pulse rate increases ?.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Hypertension is sustained elevation of resting systolic BP (≥ 140 mm Hg), diastolic BP (≥ 90 mm Hg), or both. Hypertension with no known cause (primary; formerly, essential hypertension) is most common. Hypertension with an identified cause (secondary hypertension) is usually due to a renal disorder. Usually, no symptoms develop unless hypertension is severe or long-standing. Diagnosis is by sphygmomanometry. Tests may be done to determine cause, assess damage, and identify other cardiovascular risk factors. Treatment involves lifestyle changes and drugs, including diuretics, β - blockers, ACE inhibitors, angiotensin II receptor blockers, and Ca channel blockers.

Essential hypertension refers to high blood pressure with no identifiable cause.

Malignant hypertension is usually defined as very high blood pressure with swelling of the optic nerve behind the eye, called papilledema (grade IV Keith-Wagner hypertensive retinopathy). Malignant hypertension is usually accompanied by other organ damage like heart failure, kidney failure, and hypertensive encephalopathy.

Hypertension (high blood pressure) can be caused by using a chemical substance, drug, or medication. It can also be caused by stopping a drug or medication.

Renovascular hypertension is high blood pressure due to narrowing of the arteries that carry blood to the kidneys. It is a form of secondary hypertension.

Hypertensive heart disease is a late complication of hypertension (high blood pressure) in which the heart is affected.

Lifestyle changes may help control your blood pressure:

* Lose weight if you are overweight. Excess weight adds to strain on the heart. In some cases, weight loss may be the only treatment needed.

* Exercise regularly.

* Eat a healthy diet. Eat less fat and sodium. Salt, MSG, and baking soda all contain sodium. Eat more fruits, vegetables, and fiber.

* Avoid smoking.

* If you have diabetes, keep your blood sugar under control.

Please see the web pages for more details on Hypertension.

• 4 years ago

Source(s): Two Weeks Diabetes Cure - http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?AhKK
  • 3 years ago

Source(s): Cure Diabetes At Home - http://DiabetesGoFar.com/?DXSX
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Source(s): High Blood Pression Remedy http://sparkindl.info/ControlYourBloodPressure
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why in God's name can you not see your Doctor for a WEEK? Find another Doctor. Delay in medical care is called 'BAD MEDICINE'. It is usually seen in HMO's or state paid medicine. Doctors can not afford to see very many patients that don't pay. Their overhead is very high. And the government routinely cheats the Doctors when it comes to paying them. If you can't pay your Doctor, go to the ER.

Actually, with a BP that high, it is not wise to fool around trying to get it down with diet, exercise, or any other kind of 'alternative' medicine. Get to your Doctor and get started on meds to get the BP to 120/80 or less. Some years ago, before good meds were available, you would be immediately hospitalized and treated with the limited meds available. That was called 'malignant hypertension' and the danger of a stroke or heart attack was the worry. Nowadays, meds will work fairly rapidly. But why delay? The damage from hi BP is silent until much reserve is gone. Then all it takes is the 'last straw'.

• 1 decade ago

After any acitivity there is an increase in Blood

Pressure and Pulse rate. Kindly Make a record of the same whenever you make any activity and also make a record of what activity was made. This may help you as well as your GP in near future as to what action can be taken.

• 1 decade ago

Your HR (pulse) increases temporarily from taking exercise. Over time, this will also decrease. A BP reading of 143/98 is still borderline high, but improving.

I hope your doctor spoke with yo about changing your diet. You should stop eating packaged foods, as they tend to hide all sorts of salts, including MSG. Making your meals from fresh foods -- especially high in veg and fish rich in Omega3 fatty acids -- will benefit you greatly.

Best of luck . . .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.