Can you relate to Tulah on My Big Fat Greek wedding?

One of my favorite movies is My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

And My favorite character is Tulah who was the "old maid" in the family who did not find love until she was 30.

I wish when I got married I would have like to have been like Tulah gracious, loving and forgoving and considerate.

Instead I was bitter, spiteful and resentful that I had to wait to marry.

Can any of you ladies relate to Tulah on My Big Fat Greek Wedding and what lesson or blessing did you get out of this movie?

I

I spelt Forgiving wrong I am interested to see what kind of answers I will receive:)

Favorite Answer

I loved this movie, because it was so true of European people like my family the food, the warmth, the support of big family.

Tulah really got herself together, changed her hair, the way she dressed, and her outlook on life a little more.

It really is an original because there was no fake acting. That's just the way the people are. Loud, fussy, caring, strange to others, but OUR FAMILIA!

Source(s): Encourager4God, I hope you get married to a good and sweet guy. No need to be disheartened. Blessings.

I love that movie! I actually watched it again tonight! I can relate to Tulah in that I have a big, loud, wacky family too, and a mother who is constantly trying to feed everybody! I also got married later than some folks were anticipating (myself included) and it did start to turn me a little bitter. But, I know now that it was better to wait because with age comes wisdom, and both my hubby and I needed o work some things out. By the way, the ending of that movie gets me every time...when they buy them the house...total waterworks!

I didn't meet my fiance until I was 30 and now I'm 33. We're engaged and planning our wedding. Thank God I didn't get married before I met him. If I had married any of the guys I'd dated before meeting him, I'd be divorced or just miserable.

So, I'm happy I found love at an age that I can appreciate him and I'm also thankful that I had the time and experience of dating the others before him so I knew what I wanted and I am able to realize how lucky I am.

I can relate to Tulah in the sense that my parents are very picky on who they want me to be with...

Although, instead of them wanting me to be with a Greek, they want me to be with a stable, christian male... which is understandable. But given my situation (I'm 18, pregnant, but very much in love with the baby's father and wanting to marry him), I don't think they can really hold out for that...

So... I'm exactly like Tulah in the sense that my parents totally do not approve of my current relationship and would rather me be alone and sad than with someone they can't see me with.

I know that I shouldn't lose hope - that if it's meant to be, it will happen, and it will happen in God's time, because his timing his perfect. No reason to rush it for my own sake...

• lazeny

Not exactly Tulah, I can relate more to Ian Miller in the sense that my lover's family is legion! They're quite busy bodies too, in a nice sense. They like know everything it is to know about everybody else, travels in hordes and full of family drama.

God Help me!

The mess where her bf didn't ask her father to date, let alone marry her! And how it was so traumatic for the family not to know his history etc. That was so close to being identical to what happened with me!

hi...be glad you are married and hope it is happy...it is all a state of mind depends what you want to make of it.....I'm 37 and still waiting to get married! That doesnt make me bitter or spiteful...