promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Say, doesn't Houston need a PF?

Why don't they persue in Andrei Kirelenko(sp?)

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Houston doesn't need a PF, they have Battier, Luis Scola who is going to be a beast from Argentina, big Jackie butler, chuck Hayes, Justin reed, then of course YAO(: they are going to be good without AK 47, they have chemistry and to get Andre they would need to probably give a lot because of his big contract.

he is a really good defender that could help YAO & McGrady but he will cost more than he is worth):

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Are there no real fans here? Has no one heard of Louis Scola? The roks just stole him and Jackie Butler (project center) from Santone for cash and that lazy greek bastard Viasillis.

Since no one here reads or even pay attention to their team I'll tell you who Lois Scolla is. He is a bigger Manu Ginobilli. Plays the power forward position and beat out Carmelo, Kobe and Lebron for MVP of the FIBA tournament. This guy is easily a 15-8 guy. He plays the post and can shoot as well. Houston is more dangerous than its ever been since the mid 90s.

• ?
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Just put your best 5 out there on the court which is kind of Don Nelson's "Nellie Ball" philosophy.

Coach Popovich being a former Don Nelson assistant really plays small a lot too.

I don't see Tim Duncan as either a PF or a C.

I know that Coach Popovich says that Tim Duncan does not play PF or C.

I don't get too hung up on specialization at all 5 positions.

Just have 5 players on the court who can play well as a team offensively and defensively.

I would probably say that Duncan is more of a "post man", a term from the 1970s and before. Duncan can play either high post or the low post but prefers the low post.

And when Duncan goes on defense, Duncan seems to play matchups defensively depending who the other team has on the floor rather than guard either a PF or a C.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, they should. From his interview it sounds like he wants to bolt to Europe, but who knows if he would be willing to stick around for a club that has a legitimate chance at a championship? Houston, Dallas, Boston and Phoenix should definitely try to work something out with the Jazz.

Kirilenko could really help a contender with his defense.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Houston does not need a PF. They already have a good defense with Yao Ming. Plus, they cannot afford a good one because of Steve Francis, Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming.

• Matt
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

well they've got some promising young talent at PF. but if you want an experienced PF then Kirelenko would be okay. i think he is overrated. and the Jazz said they are not trading him, in which case he'd probably play for russia. in my opinion the Rockets are okay at power forward though.

• what?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

besides not being able to afford him, houston has chuck hayes. sure he doesnt have great stats but he rebounds well and thats what they really need since francis, tmac, and yao provide the offense.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think they can afford him carrying Francis, Yao and McGrady's contracts.

• 1 decade ago

They have a PF, it's Juwan Howard....although he is not that good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.