Red Raspberry Leaf Tea?

What does red raspberry leaf tea does when ttc? I just bought it today but I'm not sure if it really help and do you have to drink only one cup for day?

Favorite Answer

Brewed as a tea or as an infusion, raspberry leaf is one of the safest and commonly used tonic herbs for women wanting to get pregnant or for women who are already pregnant. Red Raspberry Leaf (Rubus idaeus) tones the uterus, improves contractions and decreases constipation.

I offer Red Raspberry either in tea or tincture form. Tincture is apple cider vinegar based and will not harm fetus.

Raspberry Leaf contains many minerals and vitamins, including vitamin C and calcium. It also contains an alkaloid called fragrine, which lends tone to the uterus.

Raspberry leaf does not start labor or promote contractions.It is NOT an emmenagogue or oxytocic herb. What it does is help strengthen the pelvic and uterine muscles so that once labor does start the muscles will be more efficient.

Before pregnancy, drink 2 cups per day. Abstain during first trimester and begin again at 35 weeks. By resuming at 35 weeks it has been studied to help reduce labor pains.

Tea also includes rose hips for Vitamin C and stevia, which is naturally sweet.

Raspberry is also an rich source of vitamins A, B complex, C, and E, as well as the minerals calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium. These nutrients make it an excellent prevention and treatment for anemia and leg cramps, as well as a beneficial remedy for the reduction of morning sickness.

Raspberry leaf tea also acts as an astringent on irritated skin by tightening the top layers of skin or mucous membranes effectively reducing secretions, relieving irritation, and improving tissue firmness. As a mouth wash it is used to soothe mouth and throat irritations. You may use this tea as a gargle or apply it topically. Tea should be cool when used for these ailments.

Raspberry leaf may affect infants and is not recommended for women who are breast-feeding. Diabetics should be careful as it might lower the blood sugar levels drastically.

Because raspberry leaf is thought to have a slight effect like the female hormone, estrogen, it should not be used by women who have endometriosis, uterine fibroids, or cancers of the breast, ovaries, or uterus. Men who have prostate cancer should also avoid using it. In extremely high doses, raspberry leaf may cause muscles in the uterus to contract or relax, therefore a miscarriage could occur. It is important to only take what is recommended.

Because the tannins in raspberry leaf tea could interfere with the absorption of non-prescription drugs such as vitamins, you should drink it at least 2 hours before or after taking non-prescription drugs by mouth.

No side effects have been associated with using raspberry leaf either by mouth or on the skin.

Herbs in this blend: Red Raspberry Leaf, Rosehips (powder), Stevia (natural leaf Stevia not an additive)

1

I used it when my contractions started. (teabags not loose) I had about 4 cups in the space of 8 hours - and it worked! It sped up the early labour. But I don't think I would do it again - with my daughter the contractions slowly became stronger and I was able to deal with them better. With my son due to the tea - they where very strong very fast so I wasn't as ready for the pain.

Uterine fibroids are the non-cancerous tumor growths in the easy muscle levels of the uterus. The Uterine Fibroids is extremely frequent among the female gender during the first, mid and later reproductive years and if you wish to remove it you'll need Amanda Leto's Fibroids Miracle guide from here https://tr.im/xInGP .

Fibroids Miracle guide is really a complete manual to treating uterine fibroids normally from home. 

The Fibroid wonder is by far the best and most basic program to work with to really get your human body back in great health and it'll revitalize the quality of your daily life. The fibroid miracle can be your response to a lasting alternative of one's uterine fibroids health condition.

I hear it promotes regular ovulation and a healthy uterine lining to sustain an early pregnancy and help prevent early miscarriage. Haven't tried it myself though!

Good luck!

• Roc

i drink it sometimes to bring on a late period. it won't do much to help with ovulation but it does strengthen the uterus.

• Theory is to stay AWAY from this drink when TTC, it thins out your uterus lining, and can potentially cause miscarriages. Unless you have really thick lining I wouldn't drink it.

Source(s): 17 months of TTC, now 33 weeks pregnant