Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Is it really necessary to "label" people? Christians and Atheists............................................

Come on, people. I just ask what is a fundamental Christian and got three different answers which said three different things. It seems to me that people just label people whatever they want. Is this necessary? Have we forgotten that we are all human? Why should we have so many labels? Why can't a Christian just be a Christian? We all believe different things. Should we really be divided over all the different issues? No. We should stand united on the fact that Jesus Christ died and rose again and no matter what "kind" of Christian you are, you believe that, or you are not a Christian.

And atheist and other non-believers,

is it so necessary to bring up that this one sect believes this or this one group that worships in this building in this town believes this?

No, it's not. There has always been one thing that all Christians are united on and that is Jesus Christ. Jesus is why Christianity even exists today.

Don't atheists all believe in different things? You are not

all the same. Isn't it enough that this world is divided be religious beliefs. Why is it that every time we turn around there is something else that is dividing us? Racism and prejudice was supposed to be eradicated long ago, but every day it seems like we create new things to be divided on.

Don't get me wrong I am a Christian and proud of it. I just do not see why there have to be so many things to divide us and why it is necessary to label someone who believes in something different than we do.

And atheists, our message has been and always will remain the same, whether you choose to listen to it or not.

Favorite Answer

I hear a hand holding, swaying song coming on

Well, why are you trying to "give a-theists a messsage" at all? It started out sounding as if you were all for people being allowed to be who they are (which includes thinking and believing whatever they choose to). You rarely hear a-theists going around trying to "give christians" messages about why they might be barking up the wrong tree. The only time they might do that is in direct response to Bible-thumpers who expend a whole lot of hot air telling a-theists where THEY are going wrong.

Personally I don't give a Warthog's butt what anybody else thinks or believes. His business not mine. For all I care he can worship an Old English Upright Rosewood Piano... with or without brass candleholders LOL. But, seriously, I think I do understand your main push which, if I'm not mistaken is simply........

"Can't we all just..... Get along?"

I think nit-picky little things divide some of us some of the time, but there are major issues as well.

I think it IS necessary. I would not want to be labeled as a fundamentalist. Some groups within Christianity believe different things. It is necessary to be able to distinguish between those groups.

Labels make things easier.

Also, fundies, put quite simply, take the Bible as 100% accurate. Most people would agree with that (at least, as a general definition). They need that label to separate them from the sane Christians.

I'm sorry, but your message is NOT the same. The jesus christ thing is groovy-but there are MAJOR issues you all vehemently disagree on...like how to get to heaven!!!

Atheists don't disagree on any major tenets, because we have only one. There is no such thing as a deity. That's it.

Well, Fundemental Christians are usually the ones that are intolerant. I don't like to group tolerant Christian in with them.

• apley

particular, you are able to. Tongues isn't for at present. It become for the early church. you do not might desire to be baptized , on condition which you quite prefer. What you're saying is all works. this is grace, you're and that i are a great 0 + grace. You lack humility. you're saved constantly in case you have faith Jesus is God. you're to not ask Jesus into your heart. that may not salvation. you will pass to heaven, yet you will lose all rewards. we are coaching to reign in heaven with the aid of gaining information of the understand God. this is not significant which you do not have faith. this is God who saved you, God who keeps you and God who will rapture you and additionally you have become destructive to Bible Doctrine in view which you have been in incorrect coaching in the commencing up. this is all Grace from the commencing as much as the top. Christ does all of it. To be teachable you need to be humble. Confess your unbelief and get right into a understand God ministry and God will set your heart on hearth. you're looking. i'm going to desire that God will turn you. in case you prefer i provides you with a solid ministry which will deliver you books for loose. digital mail me. this is approximately works and additionally you're incorrect and boastful. you won't be in a position to alter your self only God can grant you repentance. all of it approximately Grace and additionally you prefer your eyes opened. James did not propose what you think of he meant. you prefer Paul's Epistles Eph., Phil, Col. this is grace guy GRACE! Your destructive volition to Bible doctrine has enable devil lie to you. Christianity is definitely not Gnosticism. all of it approximately Christ who loves you! For all of you King David become a mature Christian and he committed homicide and he repented. look at his existence. a real Christian can do something a non-Christian can do. give up be so self righteous.

We atheists only lack the belief in deities, so there's really nothing to argue about now is there? =P

Oh, and your sectarian in-fighting amuses me...

Christians are not humans

Without lables, how will we know who to beat up?

I'm kidding of course.