Does MoveOn.org represent the Democratic party?

Their are 3.2 million MoveOn.org members and 72 million registered democrats. How does this organization spread so much fear in our party. Is it time to take an organizations like this out of the political process so that our Democratic party can focus on the issues that affect our party?

Should this type of organization be taken out of all political parties?

Favorite Answer

Nobody proclaims as much paranoia

as the warmonger clique in onan office and the

braindead parrots barely twitter-trained by FoxTV.

Move-On is sure tendencially less hostile to the

Democratic Party, but does not belong to them.

Republicans on Thursday tried to turn a controversial

anti-war newspaper ad against Democratic presidential

candidates Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama

after neither voted to condemn it.

The Senate voted 72-25 to pass a resolution condemning

a MoveOn.org ad that referred to Gen. David Petraeus, the

commander of U.S. forces in Iraq, as "Gen. Betray Us."

The liberal group's full-page ad appeared last week in

The New York Times.

Clinton voted against the measure; Obama did not vote.

Among the presidential hopefuls, Republicans Sens.

John McCain of Arizona and Sam Brownback of Kansas

voted for the resolution sponsored by Sen. John Cornyn,

R-Texas. Democratic Sen. Chris Dodd of Connecticut

voted against it.

Obama, Clinton and Dodd voted for an alternative

resolution offered minutes earlier by Sen. Barbara Boxer,

D-Calif. That resolution condemned political attack ads,

including those that questioned the patriotism of Sen.

John Kerry, D-Mass., and former Sen. Max Cleland,

D-Ga., both Vietnam veterans. It failed 50-47.

Source(s): FACTS

Apparently not, as many Democratic politicians are against moveon. the Democratic party has always representated the "Big Tent" mentality. Everything from my senator, Casey, to Dennis Kucinich in Ohio. (and everything inbetween) The only thing we agree on is that the American Middle Class should get paid better for the hard work we do.

Parties can't even represent the people:

2 Major Political parties + 1 Independent (Green)

that represent

300 million Americans

I have a hunch that maybe, just maybe, somebody will feel left out.

We can't be defined by our parties because we're not all a collective mind (well, most of us).

Really?

You think it's "time to take an organiztions like this out of the political process?"

Hmmmm......

I think the higher priority would be to take the hired hit men out of "the political process."

You know, like Exxon.

At least MoveOn.org represents PEOPLE. Not CEO interests. Whether you agree with someone or not, every American in this country is allowed, indeed, ENCOURAGED to let their elected reps know about it.

I am more upset with corporate takeover of the political process than I am with VOTERS expressing their beliefs. However much you or me or anyone else may disagree with them.

• maagsr

None, under the libertarian occasion the government is disbanded and under anarchy human beings went wild and hunted all animals to dying. The elephant representing the republican occasion is humorous via fact elephants are vast and gradual shifting, purely like the republican occasion is gradual shifting (approximately doing something different than sticking to repeating their previous mess ups).

• ash

Move On.org represents democratic voters. Democratic voters. Focus on voters.

What makes you think the dems fear moveon? Maybe the moveon people by being very vocal are giving dem leaders a chance to actually have a backbone and speak up.

Speaking of owning political parties, where are the Swiftboat Vets, these days?

• Enigma

Is it possible that the Democrats are reserving their outrage for something other than a political ad?

Who? I haven't seen this much breathless panting since the swift-boaters slithered out.

• Nic T

They represent liberal democrats. Very much so. However, I don't believe they represent the moderate democrats and blue dog (conservative) democrats like me. The democratic party is going to force me to vote republican because all its candidates are on a beeline to the left.