Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWinter SportsIce Skating · 1 decade ago

Yagudin or Plushenko should have won in SLC 2002?

I heard ppl say Plushenko was better...

Favorite Answer

this is purely !MY OPINION!

yagudin should win (and did) simply because he has both the technique and performance AND the personality i must add.

plushenko in the technical field is better i must admit dispite how much i dislike him.

yagudin would take the medal more humbly whereas plushenko would be ultra proud of it. like in torino, it seemed like he made sure that his programs were going to be unbeatable esp with the new system where its more technical than performance.

besides, the judges had a reason to crown yagudin champion unless theres a skategate that hasn't been discovered

Source(s): MY OPINION but i think any plushenko fans reading this might not be too fond of me right now *uh oh (runs and hide)*

I strongly dislike both of them, have been a skating fan for more than 30 years and they are among the about 15 skaters I cannot stand at all.

But I must admit that Yagudin was better than Plushenko, even if his straightline footwork in "Winter" was totally overrated (level one by the new rules). Artistically he is much better than Plushenko, at least he is able to interpret the music - Plushenko is doing the same frantic steps with flailing arms all the time, no matter what kind of program he is skating.

Well, fans of both skaters will hate me for that ;-) but I`ve been around long enough and have seen far better men...

If there is a knock on Plushenko, it's that his presentation doesn't merit the artistic marks that the judges often give him. (I've heard this from Dick Button at major championships on at least two occasions.) Yagudin was much better on the presentation end, and since I can't really recall Plushenko being superior technically over that weekend, I'd say Yagudin deserved to win.

Like the person above me said (in Russian :P), Plushenko is an amazing skater, possibly the best in the world. I think he should have won, but he and Yagudin are very close so it's quite hard to judge :)

I think Plushenko should have won, but this one was close to call. Still, I say Plushenko--I really do think he is the best in the world!

no, plushenko was in no way better than yagudin. yagudin's short program, winter by bond was simply exquisite, as well as the long program, the man in the iron mask.

da Plushenko voobshe molotok, temisto kataetsa. molodec