Can someone give me some suggestions on how to get a collection agency off my back?

I have a collection agency thats bugging me on paying off my Visa credit card and at the present time, I just don't have the funds or anyway of paying it off... They keep calling me at work, which from what I have read they cannot do if you ask them not too. They have my home number, etc. I'm just... show more I have a collection agency thats bugging me on paying off my Visa credit card and at the present time, I just don't have the funds or anyway of paying it off...

They keep calling me at work, which from what I have read they cannot do if you ask them not too.

They have my home number, etc.

I'm just soo confused on what too do, cause I just don't have the money to pay them, at the present time, but as soon as I can get my head above water....I will.

Suggestions.

Does a credit card or collection agency every stop calling after a period of time when they realize that you just don't have the money?

It would seem like after a period of time, they would just write off the debt and give the customer a bad credit rating.

I could deal with that better than they keep calling me.
15 answers 15