How come people don't realize Christians are persecuted really badly today?

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2007/03/28/christi...

So? Why do people accuse Christians of persecuting others, when Christians don't? Calling some act a sin isn't persecuting anyone.

Deke? Thanks for that. But that is true. For a Christian to call sin sin isn't persecuting anyone though. Persecution is when people are physically hurt or murdered for their faith, or denied their rights, like prevented from having a cartoon like that. As with abortion, it is a sin in that it denies the littlest 'who' to have a right to live. I thought US was liberty & justice for all (even the littlest 'who').

Why in the world do people excuse persecuting Christians because Christians like it. That is sooo untrue. Christians in N.Korea test Chemical weapons on Christian prisoners. I get persecuted, but not like some do. I just get falsely accused, etc... Some in other countries are tortured to death. I know they are not standing in their faith in Christ because they like being tortured.

Jett, Christianity & Islam are two different religions. Christians don't kill others. The great Commission for Christians is to preach the Gospel of the Kingdom to all nations. That is Gods Saving Grace.

I guess you have to be a real Christian to realize that Christians get persecuted. Thanks to the Christian answers. As I know some of the reality & pray about it. But then also, is the concern that if we leave Iraq, the militant Islam will kill off the Christians in Iraq. So? Leaving Iraq would be the worst thing for those in Iraq to have a stable Country.

Favorite Answer

Yes its true, back when Russia was communist my relatives were sent to Siberia just for being believers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8in1rLUbT1o

Youtube thumbnail

This video put tears in my eyes. I am so happy to have seen it simply because there are times when I feel discouraged. I know that God is with me always even when I don't have His word, He is in my heart. Thank you

Glory to God! When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory (Colossians 3:4).

Source(s): "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also" (John 15:18-20).
  • Bobbie

It is sad but true. We take America for granted those in other countries get it the worse. I mean people have to clap in praise silently just so they don't get in trouble but over here in the great Freedom country we can Shout the Greatness of God All Day if we wanted. Or do the opposite and curse at God.

Do you think with all the ones that are trying to bring Christians down ...will it eventually be against the law of practicing any religion??? Thats what it seems like to me.

My family persecutes the fact that I go to church and pay my tithes. Yes its different because I don't get rocks thrown at me but It still hurts that they can't accept me because I choose to follow the Word. I still love them all and would do what I can to help them and The funny thing is they always bring up God when we talk, so its thier convictions not me wanting to preach at them.

There are all kinds of things that we call sin and if we didn't call it what it is then people will be mislead so its the understanding of how to approach someone and hope it doesn't push them away or we can pat them on the back and know that we are being a stumbling block. IWe need wisdom and discernment in this type of stuff.

I'd rather someone to see that we can have fun and still be Christian just to know I am doing the right things makes it exciting to know God and when I do sin I can go to Him and He wipes my tears and loves me no matter.

Source(s): Shalom to you ALL!!
  • frieda

of direction they sense persecuted. some human beings disagree with them. My father actual instructed me that faith hasn't gained a single conflict in view that 1950 in this united states. think of approximately that. I did, and that i found out that this perception of his is yet another edge of the mentality that motives some Christians to argue that Catholics are not Christians. (think of approximately that one too.) Christians sense persecuted because of the fact all of them have such slender, rigid ideals. If all people ever disagrees on a single theory, that man or woman isn't a "actual" believer. Christianity is a militia of 1000000000 persons that one and all plan on attempting to transform all the different Christians to the "actual faith." they simply cooperate whilst they hit upon an improved possibility: technological information, Islam, Judaism, Communists, atheism, etc. If no longer for those communities Lutherans and Methodist could be killing one yet another interior the streets.

I guess b/c they actually were persecuted thousands of years ago-remember the feeding of people, sometimes Christians to lions or when they were used for torches at Nero's garden parties? Shoot ahead to the 1500's (or thereabout) and they came up with all kinds of ways to torture and eventually kill anyone who was not a Christian. In England, the Christians went so far as to kill people of the same religion if they were of a slightly different belief! (Protestants vs Catholics) If you were dumb enough to claim anything other than those two, same thing.

Now-a-days, I don't think any person in the US is truly persecuted, no matter what they believe. Apparently, other countries still have some catching up to do.

Whenever you're feeling sorry for yourself, read some history so you can see for yourself what perrsecution really is.

Christians are persecuted - just as many other religious followers. Most of the persecution happens in countries that are intolerant of Christians. Yes, it does happen. There are countries that ban missionaries and Bibles. There are people that kill those that have professed to follow Christ. However, it doesn't happen like that in most of North America or in Europe. Persecution doesn't have to end in violence for it to exist. The truth is that many people in this country are intolerant of any religion that isn't Christian. People may not beat someone up over it, but many pagans feel very much shunned by the general public. That is persecution. Also, there are some "Christian" churches that go out of their way to say that Muslims are evil and that anyone that is homosexual deserves to die. Check out the Rev. Phelps. That is persecution.

It happens across the board. It's all about intolerance.

I wouldn't call it "persecution." In the western world (America) there is a backlash against certain types of Christians because, although they are a minority, they are in people's faces politically about human rights issues and are rather militantly aggressive (a turn off) about "preaching the Word."

You should note that approximately 9 MILLION people (mostly women and intellectuals) were brutally tortured and executed during the age of the Inquisition in Europe (you know, when people were trying to get rid of witches and heretics, and people who weren't Christian or the "right" kind of Christian). History can be rather unforgiving.

The atheists and anti-christians don't think mocking,*****,blaspheming,reporting christians for asking bible and prayer questions in R&S is persecution.(They are only expressing their views).

Telling christians they are idiots and to shut up is their right.

Christians on the other hand aren't suppose to condemn sin,ask about prayer,mention heaven or hell.

The PC liberals all proudly proclaim how they are 100% tolerant (as long as they agree with the peoples' view).

Abortion,euthanasia,homosexuality,shutting up christianity,etc. are all constitutional rights (what constitution?)?.

Why do moslem students have unrestricted islamic classes while anything christian is banned.

We live in a very protected society compared to others. Most people just don't know about real persecution unless they hear it at church...sometimes on the news.

Most folks don't realize it because it isn't given adequate coverage in the media. But if anyone wishes to, they can easily look it up on google by typing in "sudan" "killing Christians".

We were warned to expect persecution. It's not going to stop.

Source(s): . Gay Christian

it seems to me that everyone is persecuted to some degree.

so yes, there are probably some christians being persecuted. i've even seen christians persecuting other christians here.

we should all try to be a little more tolerant of others... try to remember that the person being persecuted is a human being with feeling the same as everyone else.

bb