Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsGolf · 1 decade ago

Shaft on Nike Sumo Driver?

I was looking at a Nike Sumo driver in a golf mart but there are 3 different shafts you can choose from: Aldila vs proto 65, Diamana Sasquatch, and UST Proforce v265. I was just curious about their differences. Is one better than the other, and can u please tell me the differences and how to pick the right shaft for your swing? Thanks

Best Answer

The VS Proto is a shaft that I would reccommend mainly for the better player... I found myself having a "bully" the shaft to get it to perform the way I wanted it to...

I havent had much hands on experiance with Diamana shafts, but from what I hear, they are good, but expensive...

I have a V2 in my current driver and I love it... Some people say it feels like a board, [Mine is labeled as, and plays like an S flex, 66 grams, but it feels more like an X flex] but if you get put into the right flex and weight, it is good...

Like they have said... Get yourself on a launch monitor, and see how they work for you...

I had an Aldila NV 65-S in my driver, and i was hitting it higher than I wanted, so I put a V2 66-S in it, and it gave me a longer more penetrating ball flight... It all depends on the person...

It depends on how you hit it... I don't know about the Diamana but the Aldila is good if you hit it low because it has a low kickpoint so you'll hit it higher, and the Proforce V2 has a mid kickpoint so you'll hit it higher than the Aldila... Besides that just pick the right flex for your swing speed, and pick a better driver than the Sasquatch... Get the Ping G10

If your willing to fork over $300 or $400 for a driver you need to go to a retailer that will tape the face of the club for you and then let you hit it in their in-store simulator. Most of the large retailers(Dick's, Golf Galaxy) have simulators. You have to experience the shaft because they are all different. A shaft labeled stiff by one manufacturer will be different than a shaft labeled stiff at another manufacturer. I would also recommend that the shaft be spine balanced so that you get the most repeatable swing. You can't get the true feel of a shaft from the responses on Yahoo!Answers.

Well, it really depends on your swing. Aldila VS Proto is for those with very fast swing speed. Above 115 MPH swing speed. Diamana has a really soft feel.

get the diamana, they are the best shafts our there, there the one used by TIGER WOODS. I have the diamana shaft on my sasquatch and i love it, it is so easy to hit and it goes a long way. Go with tiger on this one.

None of these I prefer KEDS.