Which one - Methadone or Suboxone?

Methadone or Suboxone?

And Why?

Best Answer

suboxone. methadone is an optiate and just as addictive as the narcotic the patient is trying to get off of. suboxone or subutex is tapered by a DOCTOR not a clinic and there is very little withdrawal side effects as opposed to methadone. thats why suboxone came out - because methadone just wasnt doing it, people were abusing it, and it extremely addictive.

Source(s): recovering addict

Suboxone. To clarify, suboxone is an opiate as is methadone (synthetic opioid), however, unlike other painkillers such as oxy, hydro, morphine, heroin (diacetyl morphine) and others, suboxone is what is referred to as a partial agonist. There are 2 major receptors which receive opiates: the mU and the Kappa receptor. The mU receptor is responsible for that feeling of euphoria while the Kapaa receptor once blocked is responsible for that anti-depressive "everything is fantastic" feeling. While typical opiates and methadone fulfill both of these receptors and stimulate them (the clinical word is antagonize), suboxone fills both but only antagonizes the Kappa receptor so you get the feeling that everything is going to be awesome without the euphoria and drowsiness seen in other opiates. In fact, due to this phenomena, it is my understanding that it is being clinically trialed as an anti depressant in individuals where conventional SSRI drugs have had little or no effect.

I am in cronic pain every day and i get 18 films a week but it just does not help much for my pain. i was on methadone for 3 and a half years and i personally think methadone is better for cronic pain

my husbands on methadone for chronic pain, so i already have some.

Cookies and cream ice cream....please. It's smoother.....

I go natural. MARIHUANA