2000 ML320 Mercedes Benz...Where is the transmission fluid dipstick [level] located? HELP FAST!!?

PLEASE HELP.

• CR
    Favorite Answer

It does not come with one, you have to go to the dealership or independent shop that has a special oil level measuring tool.

Ml320 Transmission Dipstick

Prett sure the tranny dipstick on a 2000 is a special tool from Benz. Call a dealer to check. If so you will probably have to remove a plug to install the dipstick to check the level. While you have them on the phone see about the oil dipstick as well. If you can't find that.

It was designed this way. If you keep up with dealer maintenance program you should be fine. If its low, car will give you alarm, but do not add any since you do not know how much is there. Last I heard you can go to dealer and ask for one to be installed on your vehicle, may not work for all of them . If in doubt or need to change it, go to a shop. If car driving fine, not slipping, I would not worry about it. It is synthetic in there, it'll take some time to wear it out (lifetime fluid). Good luck.

Have one myself and it does not have one. Went to get an oil change one day and said that is it sealed so you have to go to the dealership or a certified mechanic for mercedes. Sucks I know. It supposedly automatically goes through itself. Not a mechanic myself but that is one of the querks of owning this particular model. I like my ML but sometimes you have to dish out money. good luck

LOL. Now you know why you have to go to a certified Mercedes mechanic. YOU can not check the fluid level yourself.

• Linda

I think you have to remove something, its probably under something like the spare tire or something.