Why DO some people believe the government conspiracy version of 911?

It's full of holes, and there are far more credible versions all over the internet, support by very credible people....version often posted here. Why are some people SO ready to believe and defend the government which has lied so many time, everyone has lost count.
Update: stiggo629: st911.org, pilotsfor911truth.org where have you been...these and other sites are all over the internet!
Update 2: stiggo629 - show me one that proves the gov't story....and don't refer to the 911 Commission...even the chairs of that commission have recently said things that cast it in a very poor light....and I have seen NO debunking of st911.org or pilotsfor911truth.org I have seen a bebunking fo the pop sci article,... show more stiggo629 - show me one that proves the gov't story....and don't refer to the 911 Commission...even the chairs of that commission have recently said things that cast it in a very poor light....and I have seen NO debunking of st911.org or pilotsfor911truth.org
I have seen a bebunking fo the pop sci article, tho. how is that the the towers were designed to withstand the crash of an airliner bigger than those that hit them and be the frist two steel structured buildings to ever collapse due to fire and in near free-fall speed meaning each floor collapsed with zero resistance from the floors below violating the laws of the conservation of energy and the conservation of motion. It's impossible without explosives at each floor. There was evidence of thermite in both the videos and that molten steel burning under the rubble for weeks after the collapse....did you actually watch the pilotsfor911truth.org? If you have a site that you think proves the government version...I will watch it.