Garmin c330 has old maps. Should they have told customers?

I just got a Garmin c330 as a gift. Apparently, Garmin recently updated all their map information.

But not on the c330. Why not? The memory is too small to accomodate the changes.

Do you think Garmin has a responsibility to tell customers that the maps won't be updated on this specific unit?

Garmin says that the c330 isn't being discontinued, but who would knowingly buy a c330 with old maps when a c340 has the new ones? I assume that the c330 is on its way out, and Garmin didn't want to have a ton of inventory.

Maybe they should send upgrade coupons to new/recent c330 buyers that want to return the unit and get a c340 for $50. I'd return mine in a heartbeat.

If you have a c330 and want the updated map info, you can get it on DVD, but it makes you choose between (1) the lower 48 and (2) Canada and the border states. You can go back-and-forth, but it's inconvenient if you live outside a border state and don't want to carry a laptop on vacation to Canada.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Shel
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd definitely complain and try and return it. They should have let you know that it wasn't able to be updated completely.

xxx

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

I understood your question to mean being a kid and being an adult. You're an adult when you are able to handle responsibility maturely--some people are chronological adults but still emotionally children. They'll spend whatever money left-over after paying all the bills on lottery tickets, where an adult will know that most has to be saved for an emergency, a baby, a child' future education, a car, etc. Another sign is what is often called the "mid-life crisis", but that experience doesn't necessary happen half way through your life. It's a realization that you are no longer a youth anymore--that you are an adult, your adolescent years are behind you. A lot of people find that hard to deal with and that's why it's called a crisis--it could be resolved incorrectly by getting a new convertible, or a new sailboat, or a new wife. But more people adjust to it, but not settle. Growing old doesn't mean losing your sense of humour or fun. It can mean adventure and satisfaction. I had my "m.l.c." in my early 30s, others have it later when they hit a milestone in life like 50. But let's face it, we all are getting old. In 20 years, say which is the age you are now, you'll just be entering your 40's. It can't be stopped; it's all about how we accept it.

• 1 decade ago

This is common practice among GPS receiver manufacturers. New maps come out each year, and if you want them you have to pay for them.

Garmin is known for good customer service (though it's gone downhill a little recently), so you should try phoning them. They have a good record of trying to make things right for the customer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.