MEGA JACKPOT LOTTO WINNINGS PROGRAMS(scam)?

MEGA JACKPOT LOTTO WINNINGS PROGRAMS

some one has sent this e-mail to me and i had replied it by giving my full name , present location,address,nationality,age,occupation and phone number!!!!!

what should i do now???

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

This is a SCAM. You haven't won anything. Check out the below link for confirmation of various scams, including the famous Yahoo/MSN lottery scams and how to report them.

http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/lotteryscam_...

Source(s): Experience within Criminal Justice Dept. U.K. (dealt with such scams.)
  • 1 decade ago

Change your email password, if you've given it out too. And, I'm sorry to say, you may be recieving a lot more of these kinds of phishing emails. Never give out any personal details to someone you are not SURE you know.

Even if the email seems to come from a bank, go to the main site through typing in the http YOU know leads you to the real site, not by clicking through the email. That usually leads to a spoofed page that only looks real.

You may also recieve a lot of junk mail. Keep your eyes open and if you do feel in danger for some reason, report it to the authorities.

• 1 decade ago

If that is all you gave out, it looks like it is info that could otherwise have been obtained from public sources anyway. It is unlikely to create any problem. However, it is NEVER smart to give personal information to anyone by email. Even your lawyer would not want you to provide confidential info by email.

As for the lottery scam, how could you possibly win a lottery that YOU yourself didn't enter, either by buying a lottery ticket or by filling in an entry form??? Never open emails from people you don't know. NEVER.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You don't get anything for nothing, it's a scam do not answer do not give personal information.The following sites give more information.

www.scambusters.org

www.hoaxbusters.ciac.org

www.scambusters-419.co.uk

www.truthorfiction.com

.Also If you go to the following link you will get some info on ID theft www.identity-theft.org.uk the iinternet is safe enough if you are careful but please answer nothing that you are doubtful about.Good Luck and be careful.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Learn from it, you were very silly.

• 1 decade ago

definitely spam....

phising procedure....

disregard the mail...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

look over ur shoulder everywhere u go. hahaha!

Source(s): my azz, it has an answer for everything. its level of intellect surprises even me.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Phishing fraud.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.