Man! Why do wires get tangled up so easily?

Man i tell you the truth, i don't know about you people, but i just hate dealing with wires and stuff that are tangled. Its one of my pet peeves. I'm trying to untangle the earphones for my ipod. Please give me some time to vent.

Aaron

Favorite Answer

There is a conspiracy when you turn your back little gnomes appear and tangle them up into teeny tiny knots while they steal your socks and hide your car keys

Holy cow, dude! This happens to me at least one time a day, five days a week.

In my last class on the way out I take my iPod out of my pocket and I have to go through all the untangling crap. It's so annoying!

The best thing you can do for iPod headphones, though, is to just pull the little sliding thing all the way to the top, keeping the headphones closely together.

Good luck!

I learned how to untangle wires early in my professional (electronics) career. It's important to keep them untangled because otherwise the electricity goes round in circles and gets dizzy, then it doesn't know what to do so it falls off the wires and drops to the floor, where you might step in it or trip over it. This is also a security risk, because the FBI can do a sweep of the room and collect all these little bits of waste electricity and reconstruct what you were listening to, or worse, in the case of a tangled keyboard cable, they could even reconstruct what you were typing! It's a very useful but little-advertised forensics trick. It's true!!! Really!!!!

• Debi

Underneath my desk I have 2 pcs they are connected to monitors, printers, scanner, network hub, modem,cctv system and various other add - ons - you only think you have problems - you should look behind there!

Personally I think there is a gremlin who dedicates all his time to knitting them together so if I move one thing 3 others will come unplugged.

AHHHH IKR!!

we arent allowed to have like i pods and stuff.

they will take them away and ur parents havr to come get them. well i go under the stair well with like 3 people and listen to ipods duing study hall. i cant tell you how many stupid times my headphones have been tangled and i almost got it taken away.

=[

Sounds like ye be having a case o' the "Wire Gremlins".

Source(s): Sprinkle some sea salt around the windows of ye house.

yes, it reminds me of incomprehensible "string theory." it really seems like wire has a mind of its and follows "murphy's law." if it can tangle and bug you, it seems to do it. i think this is so true that i get paranoid rolling up big extensions and even fishing line.

Source(s): journeyman electrician.

It's such a nuisance. Especially. when you go through all the hassle of ensuring that they won't get entangled, yet somehow they do.

I HATE WIRES theyre EVERYWERE and theyre so annoying. theres so many of them i cant stand it I HATE THEM!!!!! i want to just pull them all out and throw them away

It's like...why do socks get lost in the dryer...the world may never know...