Lexi asked in TravelLatin AmericaEcuador · 1 decade ago

What are some holidays celebrated in Ecuador?

Favorite Answer

Public holidays in Ecuador:

1 Jan - New Year’s Day.

12 Feb - Amazon and Galapagos Day.

27 Feb - Civicism and National Unity Day.

6 Apr - Good Friday.

1 May - Labour Day.

24 May - Battle of Pichincha.

10 Aug - Independence Day.

9 Oct - Guayaquil Independence Day.

2 Nov - All Souls’ Day.

3 Nov - Cuenca Independence Day.

25 Dec - Christmas Day.

31 Dec - New Year’s Eve.

Other holidays:

Ecuador's Carnival, which is celebrated in February or March, is celebrated by throwing water balloons and food. In Ambato, Ecuador is where Carnival is celebrated with colorful parades (Fiesta de las Flores y de las Frutas).

"Semana Santa" (Holy Week), is celebrated the week before Easter and starts on Domingo de Ramos (Palm Sunday).

Corpus Cristi is held on Thursday after Trinity Sunday. The celebration is much more popular in the highlands.

San Juan Bautista is held on the 24th of June in the Otavalo valley and it takes a whole week.

San Pedro and San Pablo festivities are held on the 29th of June.

All Saints' Day (Todos los Santos) and Day of the Dead (Dia de los Difuntos, o muertos) is celebrated Novermber 1st and 2nd.

Source(s): For holiday briefs and traditions for the holidays just click on the links i'll provide yo with below. http://www.thebestofecuador.com/festivals.htm
  • kazabi

Ecuador Holidays And Traditions

We celebrate St. Nicolas Day. We are American atheists. I do not believe my celebrations are more important than any others. Not all holidays and celebrations are relevant to me or my family, and so we do not celebrate them. There is no point in partaking in a holiday that has no meaning for you. I am not from Spain or Finland or Ghana, so why would I celebrate holidays specific to their cultures/countries? I would not expect someone from Japan to celebrate Thanksgiving.

August 10th they celebrate Independence Day.