electronic circuit problem...?

I have 2 sensor, one of them it have 11V like output and the other one it have 0.7 V. I need that both outputs give me 5 V. Do you know any electronic circuit desing for decrease and increase the voltaje??

1 sensor- output 11 v- I need 5V.

1 sensor - output 0.7 V. - I need 5 V.

Best Answer

To amplify (increase) the 0.7V signal, you’ll need some sort of amplifier. I would recommend operational amplifier (or OpAmp for short), because it’s the easiest to make work. There are many topologies for wiring the OpAmp, but I think you need the non-inverting topology. http://ecircuitcenter.com/Circuits/opnon/opnon.htm .

There’s one thing you need to consider: power supply for the OpAmp. If you have a negative power supply (-3V or lower) in addition to +5V and ground, you can use any OpAmp. If you have only +5V and GND, you’ll need a rail-to-rail OpAmp, or you’ll need to create a “virtual ground” at 2.5V.

By the way, I (as well as previous answerers) have assumed that your signal is analog. If it’s digital, it’s a whole different (and simpler) game. Please advise.

Taking the 11V down to five is simple. Use a voltage divider.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electri...

Moving the 0.7V up to the required 5V is not as simple as suggested above. (Or it could be)

Ohm tells us that voltage is equal to the current times the resistance. If your sensor can supply sufficient current, just increase the resistance as suggested above. But, if your sensor does not produce sufficient current, that will not work.

If your sensor output is 0.7V you need to get a circuit that will amplify that voltage to 5V. The simplest version of this would be transistor configured as a common emitter amplifier with a gain of about 7. This link discusses the design.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/electro...

Best of luck!

One be conscious, MATHS. Its all maths, i found out the difficult way at college. Circuit diagnosis is carried out via skill of an element at a time, you may desire to comprehend the formula used to calculate benefit on op amps, how transistors are biased and how diodes perform. Its all mathmatic diagnosis, you additionally can use workstation application alongside with multisim. yet huge circuits are broken down into small sections, its the only thank you to envision.

remember that in electronics;

the voltage is directly proportional to the Resistance..

V = IR

where:

v = voltage

I = current

R = resistance

so, if you want a higher voltage output without increasing your current "I", i would suggest to checking the resistance of the whole circuit and replace the resistors to find the value you are looking for, 5V..

Hope this helps

Source(s): Majored in Electronics and Communications and Multimedia Arts
  • Sid B

Resistors and Zener Diodes will do it no problem.

Op amps...

DUH!

You what?