What happens to "drug money" when the dealer is finally arrested?

My friend showed me a news clip today of like 200 million dollars that was sitting in a meth dealers bedroom. When his house was raided the police of course knew where this money came from. So what happens to the money? Will the police confiscate it as "evidence", disperse it amongst themselves as a... show more My friend showed me a news clip today of like 200 million dollars that was sitting in a meth dealers bedroom. When his house was raided the police of course knew where this money came from. So what happens to the money? Will the police confiscate it as "evidence", disperse it amongst themselves as a bonus, or will the dealer get to keep it, since it IS his money, despite the way he earned it. I'm surprised he never got robbed by any of his clientelle though, its pretty ludacris to just leave 200 million dollars lyin around your house, piled up in the bedroom..
10 answers