Why do republicans say military men are “dumb, stupid animals to be used” as pawns for foreign policy?

In a 1973 White House conversation between Kissinger, the national security adviser, and Al Haig, then Nixon’s chief of staff, Kissinger said military men are “dumb, stupid animals to be used” as pawns for foreign policy. As one of Nixon’s closest advisers, and later as secretary of state, Kissinger ran foreign... show more In a 1973 White House conversation between Kissinger, the national security adviser, and Al Haig, then Nixon’s chief of staff, Kissinger said military men are “dumb, stupid animals to be used” as pawns for foreign policy.

As one of Nixon’s closest advisers, and later as secretary of state, Kissinger ran foreign policy as a personal fiefdom. Bypassing Congress and sometimes Nixon himself, Kissinger used his power to spy on Americans and members of Congress, plotted military coups in Chile and Argentina, supported torture states, threatened to use nuclear weapons and bombed civilian populations in Laos and Cambodia.

Bush asked Kissinger, now a private consultant and powerful force in Washington, to lead the 9/11 commission.
During a private meeting with the 9/11 Family Steering Committee in 2002, Kissinger faced questions about his client list. He refused to say whether he worked for Saudi clients or anyone named bin Laden. Today, Kissinger remains a presidential adviser, helping Bush and Cheney devise Iraq strategy.

The quote is found in “Final Days,” a book by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein. Kissinger has never disputed it.

http://newsminer.com/2007/09/17/8902
Update: AH YES JOHN KERRY, BEING A MILITARY MAN HIMSELF, I WOULD THINK HE KNOWS A LITTLE BIT OF WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT....IT'S CALLED TRUTH.
Update 2: I RESPECT THE TROOPS ENOUGH TO STAND UP FOR WHATS RIGHT AND WHATS WRONG. I TEND TO QUESTION PEOPLE THAT WOULD PUT THEM IN HARMS WAY FOR FOREIGN POLICY AND PROFIT ONLY TO LAUGH BEHIND THEIR BACKS. GET IT. LOL JUST LIKE ALWAYS WITH IDIOTS YOU HAVE TO DRAW THEM A MAP AND PAINT THEM A PICTURE. SPELL IT OUT FOR THEM SO... show more I RESPECT THE TROOPS ENOUGH TO STAND UP FOR WHATS RIGHT AND WHATS WRONG. I TEND TO QUESTION PEOPLE THAT WOULD PUT THEM IN HARMS WAY FOR FOREIGN POLICY AND PROFIT ONLY TO LAUGH BEHIND THEIR BACKS. GET IT. LOL JUST LIKE ALWAYS WITH IDIOTS YOU HAVE TO DRAW THEM A MAP AND PAINT THEM A PICTURE. SPELL IT OUT FOR THEM SO THEY CAN UNDERSTAND.