Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Barry Manilow , Step Aside. . . . . . . For I Am Earnest And I Write The Songs !!?

I've been alive for-ever. . . . and I wrote the very first song

I put the words and melo-dies together

I Am Music

And I Write The Songs

I write the songs that make the whole world sing

I write the songs of love and . . spe-cial things

I write the songs that make the young girls cry

I write the songs I write the songs

What do you think about his refusal to be on the same set as the terrifyingly dangerous little Elizabeth Hasselback ?

Don't ya think the Democratic Presidential Candidates should openly condemn Barry Manilow, LOL ? (calm down libbies , that last one's just a joke!!)

Captain - I now proclaim that your new screen-name is MANDY !!! LMAO. . . . Oh Mandy. .. . . . well you came and you gave without taking. . . . But I sent you away , Oh Mandy. . . .

Kelly B - And your new screen-name should properly reflect how isolated your views are , so from now on you're to be referred to as 'Island Girl' .

Driver - You betcha . Stay tuned !!

• Best Answer

Will have to approach your questions with more caution from now on; make sure I'm not eating or drinking anything lest I choke from laughing.

(Was 'Mandy' really necessary?:)

• Interestingly enough, Manilow did NOT write that song!

Bruce Johnston did, for Brian Wilson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Write_the_Songs

As far as The View goes, I think he hurt himself by not appearing. Maybe some conservative artists don't go on The Today Show either, for political reasons.

But as someone trying to get publicity I'd be inclined to swallow my pride, and appear. Money talks!

And as it now stands, by "announcing" his views he's risking alienating part of his audience. I'd say to artists it's better to keep quiet about politics. Again, depending on what you want out of your celebrity status. I can't conceive of a reason to put up with all the loss of privacy, other than lots of cold cash! :)

Well, in that track (which regrettably I've heard greater than as soon as), he sings "I am Music and I write the songs", so he isn't pronouncing HE wrote the songs, however he is making a song as though he was once the character "Music" (like should you stated you had been the wind, see?).. Yes, it is a homosexual track.

So would this work if a conservative decided he did not want to appear if Barbara Walters, Katie Couric, Leslie Stahl to interview them. Democrats always give Republicans trouble for appearing on Fox so is this not similar by trying to get a person who will give you soft balls. Barry you have nothing we really care about your views on.

• Cherie

Oh Earnest.........You know I can't smile without you

I can't smile without you

I can't laugh and I can't sing

I'm finding it hard to do anything

You see I feel sad when you're sad

I feel glad when you're glad

If you only knew what I'm going through

I just can't smile without you

You came along just like a song

And brighten my day

Who would of believed that you where part of a dream

Now it all seems light years away

<Sorry I have to stop or I will be sick........>

It's funny how 1 little conservative who only defended herself once or twice has become so powerful that it scares even the biggest lib. I've never watched the view, is that all the show is about now is her political views

I have been told Barry has major ego issues.

I didn't want to believe it.

Now I have proof.

When he considers someone he disagrees with as dangerous.

Barry just go back and write songs.

Yes Earnest. You DO write the songs! LOL!

I saw that this morning and it made me laugh. His music is great, but now every time I hear anything that he's written or sings, I'll remember him fondly for the wimp that he is.

Barry manilow i&#x27;m your beautiful wife

remember but i have you a lot.

Source(s): Askbarry@Manilow.com