What equipment will I need to grade and landscape my yard?

I recently built a new home. Tieing in the downspouts, final grading, and landscapping are all my responsiblility. I've obtained an estimate to have the work professionally done, but I think I can save a significant amount of money doing it my self. I've trenched downspouts before and planting and creating mulch beds is no problem. My question is, what is the best equipment ot use to move around the piled up dirt so I can great a smooth finished look?

• John M
    Favorite Answer

I would give this a second thought. At least get the rough grade done by someone who uses the equipment every day and understands what the soil compaction is likely to be etc. The biggest cause of water in a basement is an improper grade. A huge pain, even if you just have a crawl space, as stagnant water breeds insects and mold etc.

Finish grading can be done with hand tools if you have a lot of time and energy, but I would recommend letting the pros do this part as well. Stick to the stuff you don't need large equipment for, as even if you rent it, you don't have the hours using the equipment that the guys in the business have, and mistakes are a major pain to fix after your grass and flowers and bushes are in.

Yard Grading Equipment

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I recently built a new home. Tieing in the downspouts, final grading, and landscapping are all my responsiblility. I've obtained an estimate to have the work professionally done, but I think I can save a significant amount of money doing it my self. I've trenched downspouts before and...

Source(s): equipment grade landscape yard: https://tr.im/hzy9x

If you just bought a home and you have no budget for a professional landscaper you just come to the appropriate place https://tr.im/fBcxU so that you find out how to deal with landscaping even if is your very first encounter due to the fact is often a initial for everything.

Ideas4landscaping is a digital downloadable assortment of 300 step-by-step guides , themes and video tutorials and consists of in excess of 7250 large resolution images for those persons who are searching for inspiration and suggestions to increase their landscaping wants. The package comes as a Computer CD ROM as well.

Full with photos and simple diagrams , this plan will make you seem to be like an professional in this globe of landscaping in front of your close friends and household.

• T-pot

Being cheap or thrifty here is not going to work.... Just pay a landscaper to do the grading. By the time you factor in the expense of buying/renting the equipment and all the labor effort that goes into it, It's not worth doing yourself. especially if you are in a labor job yourself, you will end up out of work yourself and have doctor expenses also after you hurt your back and pull muscles.... But if you want to do it... i would suggest a Bobcat for pushing/moving the dirt around and a tractor with a grader box for finish grading......... Good luck to you and your new home and don't hurt yourself....

rough gradeing should be done by someone that has the proper equiptment such as a tractor and a blade you can rent this stuff but unless you have experience doing it your results will be very bad the fine grade or finish grade can be done by yourself with a good hand dirt rake but you should leave the rough grade to a qualified professional

How about a shovel and wheelbarrow? And maybe a rake. Just divide up your yard into half acre sections and do one section at a time. You can buy most of these earthwork tools at a hardware store. Consideration should be given to also buying a pair of work gloves, if you don't have much experience doing real work.

grading lawn