Would you go through the motions of another religion out of respect?

say you visited a Buddhist temple and you're not a Buddhist, would you kneel at the alter with everyone else? if a Christian friend cooked ham for Christmas, would you eat it, even if you normally were forbidden to eat meat? if you went to a Muslim country, would you cover up head to toe like many women? if you... show more say you visited a Buddhist temple and you're not a Buddhist, would you kneel at the alter with everyone else? if a Christian friend cooked ham for Christmas, would you eat it, even if you normally were forbidden to eat meat? if you went to a Muslim country, would you cover up head to toe like many women? if you became an atheist would you continue going to mass because your family does?
I guess what I'm asking is, how strongly you would cling to your beliefs about appropriate religious behavior when the tide is against you?