Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOlympics · 1 decade ago

handstand push ups?

does handstand push ups build strong triceps?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Handstand push-ups offer more resistence do to the fact your entire body weight is applied to the push-up. A standard push-up only applies a percentage of your weight because much of the weight is dispersed through your feet.

My experience in ody building has taught me that floor push-ups build more stamina and tone the muscles more and that the Handstand push-ups build more muscle mass. Both have there benefits. I would recommend you vary which excersize you do every week or ten days.

Another thing about handstand push-ups is it also uses the lats and shoulders.

• ?
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

ok.. nicely Im no longer in a cheer squad... yet i will hollow my handstand for 40+ seconds. purely save training. make beneficial your palms are thoroughly parallel. First you're able to attempt and do a headstand and carry it there for as long as you are able to. once you get quite good at that attempt and do it generally.. it would strengthen my some seconds... additionally.. while doing all your handstand you are able to bend your knees on the start then while your balanced sufficient straigten them... wish it helps!! while im older Im gonna attempt and get on the team :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes, but so do floor push ups.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah, and theyre sooo fun, i love them and do them *all* the time! :-D

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

none of then

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.