What is the best way to get a $40,000 personal loan?

I'm not sure how this works or not but I am trying to get all my personal debt on one bill. I just bought my new condo a few months ago so there isn't any equity there. My credit score is 700 and I have never been late on a bill in my life I'm just trying to make life a little bit easier with one bill. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Does anyone have any good sources?

Favorite Answer

your local bank...... all the resources here are designed to take your money....

Go to your bank and request a $40K consolidation loan.

Go to your personal bank - do you bank with a community bank, BofA, Wells Fargo? Whoever you bank with, start there! Don't go to website or TV advertised lenders.

You can use your house as collateral, or even though you only purchased the house a few months ago, you are likely already eligible for an equity loan. $40,000 isn't that much, so I don't know why other posters are making such a big deal about it. My car loan is for more than that at a rate of 3.5%. Its only a big deal if your debt to income ratio is really out of proportion. But even then it'll be moot if you get the loan as equity. Whatever, just go to your bank. Start there.

What's your need?

Education? Medical? Starting a business?

If you are starting a business, work up a business plan and post some info at iBank.com .

Most credit cards LOVE to consolidate other non-secured credit card debt into just one credit card payment. I get those offers all the time.

My advice? Clicking on 4 websites to pay the monthly credit card bills is not that inconvenient. The complications of missing one small payment are minor. If you miss one payment on the combined loan, the interest rates will jump to 18 or 25%.

YOU'LL BE WISE NOT TO CONSOLIDATE.

• Pat

Unfortunately for a loan that size the lending company is probably going to want some type of collateral. You mention you just purchased your condo and that may be looked at as well.

When you talk to a lending company speak in reference to a consolidation loan instead of a personal loan. They may take better to that since you are trying to better yourself by eliminating debt.

good luck on your loan search...try prosper.com(up to $25K)

>Beware of Advance fee Loan scams.

LOAN SCAM - Do Not Pay UpFront Fees.

Do not send money UpFront via Western Union or MoneyGram to any person or business in the UK, Nigeria or Canada in hopes of getting a loan. If you do you will learn a hard lesson & never see any Loan money.

There are many companies that sell consolidation lones. Or con-solidation loans. Think about it, if they are combinding all your bills and putting them on one payment that is smaller that you were paying, you will be in debt longer that you will be if you keep going as you are.

So I recomend the dave ramsey way to get rid of debt. He recomends eleminating all of your debt smallest to largest.

Go to daveramsey.com and listen to his radio show. Read what's on his website. I did like his book a lot. He also has software to make his plan work.

the only people that will approve you for a 40,000 personal loan are based out of nigeria.

• gumby

No one reputable is going to give you a $40,000 loan to cover your debts. How on earth do you have that much personal debt anyway? If they are student loans, you can consolidate them. Check with the financial office of the school you went to. Otherwise, you won't be able to consolidate. Better start paying down as much as you can.

40000 Loan

loan? try robbing bank of america! that is only sure fire way to get money!1