Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastSouth Africa · 1 decade ago

Who is worse Journalists or Lawyers?

• Tsepo
    Best Answer

In a long queue at the bank, one guy suddenly started massaging the back of the person in front of him. Shocked, the man in front turned around and snarled: "What the hell do you think you're doing?" "I am sorry, but i am a chiropractor and i could see that you were tense, so i had to massage your back. Sometimes i simply can't help practicing my art" said the man behind.

"That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard," said the man in front. " I am a lawyer. Do you see me screwing the guy in front of me?"

To answer your question, LAWYERS!

I've experienced bad times with both. This one lawyer spoke as if he was present when that bully boy gave me a beating of my life. He harassed me and there was this prosecutor and the magistrate who did not protect me. Lawyers are sneaky.

But that is Sunday picnic to the lying journalists. My mom was accused of having defrauded insurance company. She denied it and this woman journalist wrote so many horrible things about her. She was always in tears. What still angers me is because that journalist lied about meeting my mom when we were in fact in Durban on the day in question. My mom demanded records of the supposed meeting, but her editor kept on protecting her. Funny enough, my mom went to a lawyer and both the insurance company and the newspaper had to apologise and pay her damages. I hate journalists, they can lie. The only problem with lawyers is that they speak as if they were at the crime scene.

My vote: Journalists are worse.

Have to say Journalists man. Lawyers can be good and or bad, but journalists are always bad and I mean always.

• ?

Hehehe……interesting thing is that I could be considered both as in the not so far distant past I practised law, and (later) also ran a community newspaper……...but I’d say journalists are worse……. lawyers do not twist the truth…….they capitalise on technicalities ………. On the other hand, journalists twist the truth……..and quickly hide behind anonymous sources .........

BTW: good one Ayiza, a star for you!!!!!

• T.I

Lawyers often have to defend monstrous criminal while on the other had journalists can often sensationalise another persons sorrows.

Lawyers are far worse because they could help a hardened criminal "escape" a jail sentence.

• Jeez

I will say lawyers because I'm a journalist. LOL

Edit***

Good one Tsepo, very funny.

Don't have a problem with both, only doing there jobs. Think about it, what would this world be like without them. The logo of the Star newspaper, "THE STAR TELLS IT LIKE IT IS." and don't you just love Debra Patter. Lawyers also help to see justice being served.

My vote is also Lawyers. They get criminal back on the street to do crime again. When reading the papers, you have your own view from right or wrong and you have the choice to believe what is written.

Tsepo's example is the best. I also say Lawyers. I cannot believe the ones' I,ve come across lately, truly shocking!

Lawyers, cos they can twist the truth to suit them...

(you could argue the same for journos, but how many criminals are let loose because of them?)

and they get paid more :(

Tsepo - ROTFL! Nice one boet!

Zim - Ja, your lawyers showing! "Capitalise on technicalities"; if that aint truth twisting i dunno what is! ;)