Is writing a note dorky?

I really like this guy, and Im going to ask him out, I dont want to ask him out face to face and I dont want any of my friedns to ask him out, so I decided to write a note and hand it to him on the bus, plus im not sure if he has a girlfriend, but I cant ask him in person the same way i cant ask him to go out with me in person. So, do you think that asking him in a note is kind of desperate, or wierd? And if not, what should it say?

• Poppet
    Favorite Answer

Note writing is immature. If you want someone to take you seriously you ask them to their face.

You say, "Hey there, (name). I was looking at the movie listings and I really want to go see (cool movie). You wanna come with me? I'll buy the popcorn!" Flash your sauciest grin.

If he says no, then say, "Oh, okay then. It was worth a shot. Hey, see you around!" Normal smile and walk away.

If he says no because he has a GF then say, "OH, I'm sorry I didn't know! Well of course, never mind then. Guess I'll go find someone more...oh...available." Give shocked look and slightly abashed then a small tight lipped smile then walk away.

You know what to do if he says yes.

i know it takes alot. especially if it was a girl ..seeing usually guys do the asking. but maybe you should ask a little before you go into the plunge of asking him out and him telling you that he has a girlfriend. do you know him?if you do like i said just talk to him a little and find out more beofre u ask him. but most def dont do the note. its cool to pass along a message but for something like asking him out. not so cute

DONT DO ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.....it sounds elementry...well i dont know how old u are, but that is elementary, im sure it would turn him off if you did, he might think that your immature...and you never know, if he dosnt like you, he would probably show all his friends, and make fun of you, and then publicaly embarress you.....and find out if he has a girlfriend or not, because if you try to ask him and he has a girl, chances are he is going to tell her, and she might strick up some drama with you.....so wait and find out...and the go up to him and ask him....

and if you dont want to go up to him, try to make him notice you...or somthing..talk to him...some how try to strike up a conversation with him, and go from there...let him ask you...but plz dont ust the letter......

do you like me?.....check yes or no.......>>lol

I think a note is cute. I'm a guy, and i've had 3 girls ask me out by note, and i think its cute that they're that nervous that they like me so much that they had to write it on a note.

go for it

i hope he says yes!

Don't write a note! Text messaging is the way to go!

no its not dorky and just say do u hav a gf if he says no then ask him out face to face guys like it when girls ask them out face to face other if ur really shy i guess right a note

Source(s): me myself my huge bottomless pit brain and I

no way notes rock cuz then the guy doesnt have 2 decide right away and isnt in the oquird postion of bing face 2 face

I would be more flattered if a girl asked me face to face. I would think you were a little immature to have a relationship if you can't even deal with asking them out.

Source(s): 14 years of staring at the TV.

Umm. girls dont usually ask guys out thats odd. first off have a friend find out if he has a girlfriend. then talk to him more. and then give him the note. its not weird just a little ishh odd.

Thats a good way to ask him without everyone else knowing what you are doing.