What are some of your favorite allusions in Vladimir Nabokov's PALE FIRE?

There are dozens of literary, historical and even scientific allusions and references (some very veiled and/or obscure, some more obvious) in the novel Pale Fire, by Vladimir Nabokov. I was just wondering what people's favorite ones are? I read this book in college (I was an English minor) back in the 1990s,... show more There are dozens of literary, historical and even scientific allusions and references (some very veiled and/or obscure, some more obvious) in the novel Pale Fire, by Vladimir Nabokov. I was just wondering what people's favorite ones are?

I read this book in college (I was an English minor) back in the 1990s, but it made such an impression on me that I still think of it, now and then, to this day. :) It was definitely one of THE most unusual books I've ever read in my life -- in many ways!

Unfortunately, most folks I talk to have never read it, so there's nothing to discuss. Hopefully I'll find some folks here on Yahoo Answers who have read it.