im hooking up my radio in my 99 mustang . sombody stol the last one and ripped my wires to hell now i cant?

figure the wires i really need to know the power i figured it would be red but to my luck its not i printed up this page of wiring diagrams but its not right at all sombody please help

• paul h
    Favorite Answer

Try Install-dr.com or The12volt.com for install info and wiring diagrams if no luck....lots of info.

You're in luck my friend,

If the vehicle just had a standard system these are the wire codes:

Constant 12V+ Light/Yellow

Switched (Acc) 12V+ Yellow/Black

Ground Black/Green

Illumination Light Blue/Red

Dimmer n/a

Amplifier Remote Blue

Antenna Right Front

Front Speakers 5" x 7" Doors

Left Front (+) Orange/Light Green

Left Front (-) Light Blue/White

Right Front (+) White/Light Green

Right Front (-) Dark Green/Orange

Rear Speakers 5" x 7" Rear Deck

Left Rear (+) Gray/Light Blue

Left Rear (-) Tan/Yellow

Right Rear (+) Orange/Red

Right Rear (-) Brown/Pink

If the vehicle has premium sound the diagram will be a little different. I can supply that as well if needed.

Source(s): MECP Certified Installer with 15+yrs Experience

I'll give u the diagram for it, I have a 2000 mustang gt, so hit me up on the yahoo messenger or email letting me know who you are and I'll send you a pic of the diagram. I got the haynes book for the 94-2000 year. So hit me up

• TE5LA

Ninja's info looks pretty much on target, but I think he meant "light green/yellow" for 12-Volt Constant.

Source(s): "Destroying the myths" Mobile Electronics Installer for over 30 years. Winner of numerous awards in auto sound competition. Join "12-Volt HQ". Click my avatar for more info.

take it to Car toys. at least then, it will be done right. coz if you mess up, you will blow out your car's computer system and that will cost you mega bucks to fix. let the pro's install it that way you get a guarantee

Source(s): have seen too many people do the old "i can do it myself" and have seen the results. modern cars are not wired like the old classic cars.