How to lose weight and varicose veins?

I'm only 15, 5' 3" I'm about 180 and I already have varicose veins on my thighs, sides of my stomach, and arms. I really don't know what to do. I mean, I'm 15, I shouldn't be OLD enough to have varicose veins. More than once I've been embarrased because for whatever reason one of my friends sees them on my arm and is like, What's that? I want to lose weight, and want to know if there's any way to get rid of, or at least stop getting more varicose veins other than laser surgery which I'm unable to get for obvious reaons. Thnx for anyone who answers

Side question, id it normal for a 15 year old to be getting varicose veins, and so many?

Favorite Answer

You have a BMI of 32 and over 30 is obese. This is bad for your cardiovascular system but don't worry, obese people do not live that long. See site below for best way to lose weight.

I'm not even sure that that the varicose veins have anything to do with your weight. I have a friend who is not at all overweight and has a very bad case of varicose veins on his ankles. I do believe that some of it is heriditary. Granted it usually comes on when you are much older, but for your health I don't think there is anything to worry about. Unfortunately there is no other way of getting rid of them other than using a laser. I went through this with a friend and this is the only way to get rid of them, sorry.

• Adia

The way not to do it is starve yourself, to start with. Just exercise and eat right. I did....lost 90 LBS because of it. Starving yourself won't help at all. Drink more water, eat less before bed, and don't eat for stress are the 3 things I follow and i'm going pretty well if i don't say myself. 90 LBS isn't anything like 5-10lbs so take my advice. If you want anymore details, feel free to email me. ~Adia

Source(s): I LOST 90 LBS

skip the coffee creamer and ask for nonfat milk instead

take a break from blue moon belgian white a 164 calorie treat and grab a miller genuine draft which is only 64 cals

Chew thoroughly chewing each bite 30 times before swallowing

think ahead to how youll eat and exercise on the weekends its easy to get too relaxed on saturdays and sundays but healthy living is a 7 day a week endeavor

soak a wash cloth with witch hazel and put it on the vericose veins for a long while they should go down,worked for me. make fruit smoothies lots and eat salads regularly too,add raw squash to squash what sugar does and add pineapple to thin crust pizza and smoothies to burn fat.

Drink plenty of water daily

push a grocery cart for 45 minutes