how can I buy stock of McDonald's? I am limited in cash, but want to start investing.?

I would like to begin to invest my money in key stocks. How do I choose which ones to buy and when to exit? I would like to earn 20-30% on investments to boost my retirement. I hope you can help me get out of debt first, then start my plan so I can retire at age 65 and have money to travel and to relax in my older age. Thanks so much, Taylor Q

• Gary
    Favorite Answer

You can open a online brokage such as E-Trade or Charles Schwab. Even though MCD is a great company to have, depending on your age you should focus on getting out of debt rather then investing money into stocks or mutual funds. Read Dave Ramsey's books. They are quite helpful in getting out of debt.

To get 20-30% is very hard to do. It's takes time to get returns like that at least 10 years if you play the stocks right.

Do lots of research on the companies you like, and determine if the numbers work for you. If you really want to invest into individual stocks, buy in small amounts. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, and diversify!

Investing into stocks is like gambling, you win sometimes, but you can lose a lot as well.

I don't think investing in individual stocks is a good idea until you are on a very solid financial footing. If you work for a company that matches 401K contributions, then contribute to the maximum that they will match. If you have cc debt, you also have to get out of that as well. There is no way to get a guaranteed 20-30% return on your investment. It sounds like you have a ways to go before considering individual stocks. Good luck.

never buy individual stock from just one company. remember enron? people who had all their money in only that lost everything.

mutual funds are best. with mutual funds, you are buying stock from many companies.... spreading out your risk.