How do I word my wedding invitations if my parents are married and my mom is a doctor but my dad is not?

This is how I have it now- is it correct?

Doctor Somebody Smith

and

Mister Anywho Smith

request the honour of your presence...

Is that ok?

• JM
    Best Answer

Mr & Dr. Smith

Or..

Mr. John & Dr. Jane Smith

or if your mom doesn't care

Mr & Mrs. John Smith

The way you have it makes your parents look divorced. Their names should appear on the same line if they are married. Also you shouldn't write out Doctor or Mister - Plus your father's name should come first unless like I said before they are divorced. I had this situation with a judge invite & it was The Hon. & Mrs. John Smith.

You can also say : "The parents of (your name), and (fiance's name), request the honour of your presence...."

My parents are divorced so I had to deal with two different last names, so that is how my fiance and I did it.

You can always ask the company that is doing your invitations what the proper thing to do is. They deal with this all the time, so they would be the best ones to ask.

Hope this helps.

It's her marriage ceremony, and he or she has the proper to ask who she needs. And you might have the proper to not move. If she has allowed different cousins to deliver a visitor and issued them invites individually from their mum and dad, that is generally an etiquette breach. I are aware of it have to harm your emotions, however it is particularly difficult to difference persons's minds on matters like this. Go out someplace along with your associate the day of the marriage ceremony and feature a particularly well time. Probably a higher time than on the marriage ceremony--they have a tendency to be kinda uninteresting IMHO. Say a prayer or some thing you feel in that your cousin will discover love and peace in her marriage and permit her move.

That sounds kinda weird. I would just put....Mr and Mrs Smith request the honour of your presence... or put their first and last names in and leave out the MR and MRS part. That is what I did on my invites.

It depends on if its important to you to have it on the inviations that your mom is a doctor. And most of the time, the male is listed first followed by the female.

Mister John Smith and Doctor Ellen Smith request the honor of your presence...

I sent out a lot of invites with Dr. Titles, my husband is a physician with lots of family member who are also physician

Dr. and Mrs. Smith

in the case of a male dr

Drs. Joan and David Smith

for two drs

Mr. and Dr. Smith

would be correct

Can you just say together with their families on the invite? That's what we did...

If it causes so much problem for you than why not just forget about saying doctor all together. Nobody really cares about the invitations other than to know the date and time and location. And everybody who will be there will know that your mom is a doctor so why stick it in peoples face.

Just say their names and be done with it

Your mother has a title that is more prestigious than just Mr. or Mrs. and it should come first.

You're very much correct on your wording!

Dr. and Mr. X Request the honout of your presence

Mr. always comes before Mrs, but Dr. has more "status" so always comes first

A prefix is not need in Wedding invites. They usually say something like John and Jane Doe request...blah blah

They way you listed looks as if they are not mattied, why not use Mr & Mrs Anyhoo Smith so what she is a doctor.