How do I word my wedding invitations if my parents are married and my mom is a doctor but my dad is not?

This is how I have it now- is it correct?

Doctor Somebody Smith


Mister Anywho Smith

request the honour of your presence...

Is that ok?

26 Answers

  • JM
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

    Mr & Dr. Smith


    Mr. John & Dr. Jane Smith

    or if your mom doesn't care

    Mr & Mrs. John Smith

    The way you have it makes your parents look divorced. Their names should appear on the same line if they are married. Also you shouldn't write out Doctor or Mister - Plus your father's name should come first unless like I said before they are divorced. I had this situation with a judge invite & it was The Hon. & Mrs. John Smith.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    You can also say : "The parents of (your name), and (fiance's name), request the honour of your presence...."

    My parents are divorced so I had to deal with two different last names, so that is how my fiance and I did it.

    You can always ask the company that is doing your invitations what the proper thing to do is. They deal with this all the time, so they would be the best ones to ask.

    Hope this helps.

  • 3 years ago

    It's her marriage ceremony, and he or she has the proper to ask who she needs. And you might have the proper to not move. If she has allowed different cousins to deliver a visitor and issued them invites individually from their mum and dad, that is generally an etiquette breach. I are aware of it have to harm your emotions, however it is particularly difficult to difference persons's minds on matters like this. Go out someplace along with your associate the day of the marriage ceremony and feature a particularly well time. Probably a higher time than on the marriage ceremony--they have a tendency to be kinda uninteresting IMHO. Say a prayer or some thing you feel in that your cousin will discover love and peace in her marriage and permit her move.

  • 1 decade ago

    That sounds kinda weird. I would just put....Mr and Mrs Smith request the honour of your presence... or put their first and last names in and leave out the MR and MRS part. That is what I did on my invites.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    It depends on if its important to you to have it on the inviations that your mom is a doctor. And most of the time, the male is listed first followed by the female.

    Mister John Smith and Doctor Ellen Smith request the honor of your presence...

  • 1 decade ago

    I sent out a lot of invites with Dr. Titles, my husband is a physician with lots of family member who are also physician

    Dr. and Mrs. Smith

    in the case of a male dr

    Drs. Joan and David Smith

    for two drs

    Mr. and Dr. Smith

    would be correct

    Can you just say together with their families on the invite? That's what we did...

  • 1 decade ago

    If it causes so much problem for you than why not just forget about saying doctor all together. Nobody really cares about the invitations other than to know the date and time and location. And everybody who will be there will know that your mom is a doctor so why stick it in peoples face.

    Just say their names and be done with it

  • 1 decade ago

    Your mother has a title that is more prestigious than just Mr. or Mrs. and it should come first.

    You're very much correct on your wording!

  • 1 decade ago

    Dr. and Mr. X Request the honout of your presence

    Mr. always comes before Mrs, but Dr. has more "status" so always comes first

    A prefix is not need in Wedding invites. They usually say something like John and Jane Doe request...blah blah

  • 1 decade ago

    They way you listed looks as if they are not mattied, why not use Mr & Mrs Anyhoo Smith so what she is a doctor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.