Britny asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 decade ago

Why does Auburn have 2 mascots?

I love auburn but why do they have 2 mascots does not make sense to me!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Auburn's nickname is the Tigers, but the battle cry is "War Eagle" as a majestic eagle soars onto the field before each home game. To make things even more confusing, the actual eagle that's used is War Eagle VII, but its name is Tiger. Lost yet? How about this? Auburn's mascot, technically, is Aubie, a costumed tiger. To take it one step further, the eagle doesn't even belong to Auburn, since federal law doesn't allow anyone to own a bird of prey. Technically, Auburn's main symbol belongs to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, although the Alpha Phi Omega Fraternity takes care of it. The legend, true or not, is that a confederate soldier, lying wounded on the battlefield, could see only two living things, himself and a baby eagle. He took the eagle with him when he went back to school at Auburn, where he became part of the faculty. In the school's first meeting with Georgia in 1892, after Auburn scored its first touchdown, the eagle broke free, flew around the field, and later died having done its part giving everything it had in the 10-0 win

• butlin
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Auburn Football Mascot

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/9Xr4n

I would presume you are thinking of Auburn, but I'm not sure if the War Eagle is an official mascot. The other mascot is the Tiger.

• 1 decade ago

Tigers are the nickname

War Eagle is the battle cry we say.

It's like Alabama

their they are the Crimson Tide,

They have an Elephant as a mascot

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

they shiould have only one mascots like everybody else

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.