Would you continue to date your boyfriend or girlfriend if they insisted on wearing your perfume or cologne?

If your boyfriend or girlfriend wanted to wear your perfume or cologne on a daily basis because it reminded them of you or just because they liked the smell, would you continue dating them? So your boyfriend wearing you pretty flowery fragerance. Or your girlfriend wearing your axe. Imagine that your boyfriend or girlfriend were great otherwise, but, they had this weird trait. What would you do?

Best Answer

That would be about the same as a girl who thinks up really unique questions. I would find it interesting. lol.

• 8

What age group are you talking about here? I get the smell thing 100%, just not the actual wearing of it! For example, when my husband was in the hospital, I'd sniff his cologne bottle. LOL It was comforting and made me feel close to him. Have you asked why they must WEAR it? I think that would freak me out. You do mean they wear it on a daily basis, not just as an intimate thing? I'd have to tell them I thought it was over the top and weird. Sorry.

Sounds weird, but I say if you're okay with it, just ignore it. I'm not exactly sure why one would do this, because when a person wears cologne/perfume, they become acclimated to the smell within a few minutes and don't smell it anymore. It seems like you would want to NOT wear it.

Simple. Tell them you don't mind if they spray some perfume of yours on one article of clothing they own so they can think of you, but that you have a real problem with them actually wearing you're perfume/cologne on their skin. Tell him/her that you would rather them wear their own perfume/cologne when you're around, because you like THEY'RE scent. Fair compromise.

that just sucks. It's like they'd rather love your perfume/cologne than you. What do I do? Tell him it's cruel. Change the way he thinks of perfume+ladies. Sure it's good that they like the smell, but hey--it's as if they're dating you for your scent(not you)!

• gigi

Yes, I would continue to date them. Who cares, there are a lot of other things in the world to worry about other than that. There are a lot of scents out there that are for both male and female so it is not that big of a deal.

If they wear the oposite sex's perfume/cologne, they could be gay.

Or they like the smell.

I personally like smelling perfume off women's neck, its extremely sexy!

i think its kind of cute but weird..... i would let him know i dont like him wearing my perfume and if he likes it so much we can be together 24/7 for him to smell it

dude we would still date because we r understanding and we wud teach each other the useage of perfumes is either for men or women so we understand each other and i hope i get a gf first to share hehehe take care.!!!!!

maybe they shouldn't wear your flowery, and no one should wear axe regardless of their sex. try the new calvin klein, it has a bottle for you and for him!