Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

Crumpler or Eric Johnson?

Do I go with a sleeper who has a stud QB throwing to him or (Johnson) or a reliable veteran with a dog throwing to him (Crumpler)?

I think Crumpler is gonna see a lot more passes coming his way, as he is Harrington's cruch. But that Jax defense can be pretty tough.

On the other hand, it looks like Breese is going to be able to go deep against the Tampa defense and not need to rely on his TE as much.

I'm thinking Crumpler. what do you guysd think?

Thanks!

Best Answer

I'm thinking you should lean towards Johnson.

There is no way anybody can actually start anybody from the ATL offense and feel comfortable about it. Its Joey Harrington for ...well anyway with Joey under the helm for the time being, I can't trust him. I'm surprised the Falcons are trusting him. Harrington is going to be a huge bust and take down whoever is playing with him. Origionally Crumpler was a top 5 TE, and he might be down by the top 15 by the time the season is over if Harrington is the QB.

I start Johnson because of Brees. Brees should recover this week from a horrible horrible start that he will be looking to put behind him. Them also facing TB he had 1 pretty good game against them last year. Hopefully he puts up those same numbers.

I would start Johnson just because of Brees.

Crumpler is the better player, but Harrington kills his chances of ever scoring.

Good luck!!

I would start Johnson. He has a better chance of getting yards, receptions, and TD's with Brees as QB against the Tampa defense than Crumpler against the Jags defense.

Eric Johnson- Harrington is not a QB who utilizes the TE; Brees clearly does (think Gates) - and Johnson got a bunch of targets vs Indy last week.