*361mami* asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

my cat wont eat reg food jus catfood?

do u think shes weird?

Favorite Answer

Cats eat cat food for a reason. It is made for cats, there is not enough nutrients in human food for cats, that is why humans eat human food and cats eat cat food.

I would be worried if my cat would only eat human food. Don't worry your cat is not weird she is perfectly normal.

You can give her warm chicken or pilchards, if she doesn't eat it, don't worry.

No, she's not weird, just sensible! Catfood is nutritionally balanced and specifically designed for cats. It has added nutrients and vitamins that cats require for a long, healthy life but aren't in human food, such as taurine.

If you feed your cat regular food, unless you include a cat supplment, your cat won't have a healthy diet.

Having said that, we give our cats the odd treat of human like tinned sardines, but this is in addition to their cat food and not a replacement.

This is because the cat is used to this kind of food, no not weird at all my cat is like this also and so are most animals.

No, my cat doesn't like human food either (unless it's ice cream or milk-based, which is bad for her). Cats should eat cat food, it's good for them, and keeps their digestive system on track.

Nope, sounds like a cat. I have one that will maul you for a banana and another one that will not even eat canned cat food, he just tries to bury it!

No. You shouldn't give cats human food because they can't digest like humans.

• kg22

no, most cats are picky. she shouldn't get a ton of people food anyways. let her eat her cat food & be healthy & happy.

no this is normal. My cats wont eat people food either, this is kinda a good thing. If thy eat people food it will make their poop smell REALLY bad.

no your cat just don't like reg food don't mean she's weird just different tastes is all

Source(s): have a cat

Some human foods are toxic to cats.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art1723.asp