Chris K asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 1 decade ago

How do i cash a check made out to "cash"?

I have a check that says pay to the order of cash for 200 dollars with a memo with my name and players edge card written on it and signed by my mother i am 15 and idk how to cash it without id i can go to the same bank its for do i need an id do i just hand it to them and get the money?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Megz
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It depends...usually you have to sign it on the back and if you have an account...also write your account number.

If you go to the same bank all the time....they usually don't ask for ID. IF you think they will, just go in with your mother and she can show her id.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go to the bank that the check is drawn from. Usually the bank name is located above the memo line. Take it to the bank, sign the back of the check and thumbprint it (they will explain this to you when you get there.) Any check that is made out to cash can be cashed by anyone.

P.S. There might be a small fee involved with cashing the check since you do not have an account there.

• 1 decade ago

You need an ID to cash any check. You can go to the bank and try.

• 1 decade ago

You go to the issuing bank of the check, you still need to sign the check, you can also cash it at your bank,

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Do it either way, depending on how you feel about the payor. Do you trust that the check is good? Deposit it. Might the check be no good, or is it from a stranger? Bring it directly to his/her bank and cash it there, if possible. Cash is always king!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You need a valid ID to cash it anywhere.

Sorry Charlie, you are out of luck.

• 1 decade ago

you have a 1%chance of cashing that anywhere. Your best bet it to have her write another one to you and going to her bank.

Source(s): I work for a check cashing facility
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Take it to your bank, they'll give you the money.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.