does any one know what is a cross member for a nissan altima 2001?

need a mechanic's info on this matter plz. ty. Um to sum it up its a bar that only looks like a bar from one side of the back of the drums (back of car) to the other side of the other drum but has a housing case or something but the rod is bent on the driver side. but the rod does not look like its different pieces just one rod.

1 Answer

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    the bent piece you see is the rear sway bar, it is there to help with stability while cornering. The big bar is the rear axle which doesn't actually spin but is there to help keep the car together, kinda.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.