Which states in the US have no tax or minimal tax on monthly cell phone bills?

Most states seem to have about 20% total taxes, fees, and excise taxes, so a $40 bill will be $48 including taxes, etc.

Which states in the US have no tax or minimal tax on monthly cell phone bills?

Update:

Some states, AK, DE, MT, NH, OR, have NO state sales tax, so do those states have a separate cell phone tax?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Here's an article from USA today on cell phone taxes by state. It's from 2005, but I wouldn't expect any of the states to lower their tax %.

• fairy
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

quite a few, they upload approximately 18% to the fee for me the state, any state ought to learn how to end spending, no longer improve taxes. merely as in our very own lives, we will not circulate call for extra money from the boss, the gov shouldn't anticipate to call for extra from its ruled. the government ought to learn how to stay to tell the story what they take in and if it ability they budget 'backwards', then circulate to it. What you took in final 3 hundred and sixty 5 days is what you may anticipate to absorb this 3 hundred and sixty 5 days and that's all you may spend this 3 hundred and sixty 5 days. sure, which ability much less Social Engineering that has no bring about sight and extra (with a bit of luck) infrastructure fix. the U. S. is in want of infastructure fix, no longer 'pie interior the sky' attempt it out experiments. provide slightly diagnosis grants for small wind farms. and so on. yet do no longer exchange the completed device at as quickly as.

• Gem
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

bwaaaabwaaahhaaahaaaahahaahah

Oh that is rich! All states screw their residents with layer upon layer of ridiculous phone service taxes. ALL OF THEM.

Screw them and get a pay as you go plan, that is the only way to avoid the "fees" and taxes.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ummmmm ... where are my advisors ???

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.