What is the full form of INRI which is written on the cross of the jesus christ?

Favorite Answer

It's Not Real, Idiot!

The 4 Gospel writers record slightly different versions of what was written. Matthew 27:37 And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS. Mark 15:26 KJV 26 And the superscription of his accusation was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS. Luke 23:38 38 And a superscription also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS. Luke 23:38 GNT 38 ῏Ην δὲ καὶ ἐπιγραφὴ γεγραμμένη ἐπ᾿ αὐτῷ γράμμασιν ῾Ελληνικοῖς καὶ ῾Ρωμαϊκοῖς καὶ ῾Εβραϊκοῖς· οὗτός ἐστιν ὁ βασιλεὺς τῶν ᾿Ιουδαίων. Luke 23:38 Vulgate 38erat autem et superscriptio inscripta super illum litteris graecis et latinis et hebraicis hic est rex Iudaeorum Unable to find the Hebrew. John 19:19-22 KJV 19 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was, JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. 20 This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin. 21 Then said the chief priests of the Jews to Pilate, Write not, The King of the Jews; but that he said, I am King of the Jews. 22 Pilate answered, What I have written I have written. However some think the sum of what was written is THIS IS JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS. Since we are not sure of the exact wording in any language some of the conclusions that are reached must remain conclusions and not be presented as fact. To Sandman What are you talking about? The Apostle John wrote the words, recording the words that Pilate wrote.

IESVS NAZARENAUS REX IVDAEORUM

Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews (the crime from which Jesus was executed)

In esoteric Christianity the term also came to be associated with: In Nobis Regnet Ieusis "Jesus Reigns within us"

Also, in alchemy the acronym means "Ignus Natura Renovatur Integra "Nature in its Entirety is Regenerated in Fire" A references to the catalytic and cathartic process of chemical and esoteric alchemy.

Iesus Nazarenus Rex Iudaeorum

Latin: Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews.

Iesus Nazarenus Rex Iudeaorum (Jesus of Nazareth King of the Jews).

The Romans didn't have the letter J, so they used I instead.

I'm

Nailed

Right

In

I

Never

Really

Intended to be nailed up here.