Anonymous

Ethnic "Band-Aids"? Are they serious?

I think we've gone a little too far in our political correctnes.

Update:

I'm not being biased, I just htink it's funny and some one is making money off it.

Update 2:

Geez folks don't get all Butt hurt! It' a great idea, just like makeup of diff colors.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Why not just have one shade of makeup foundation too and only blonde, blue-eyed dolls? Everyone can conform to the mighty white people, right?

***SARCASM***

• These are old news as I seem to remember this same product being marketed in the 90's. It's a good idea. I don't want a highly visible band-aid anymore than you do. A better question may be "why do ethnic band-aids cost more?" Or at least they did back then.

• 4 years ago

22 isn't too previous. Hell, the adult males in Lamb of God did no longer "make it" till they have been all of their mid-30s. somebody else made a good factor inspite of the undeniable fact that. l. a. isn't the situation to attempt and make it from. think of roughly it: who is going to get greater interest? the suitable band in a given section? Or yet another band in an area genuinely swamped with musicians? l. a. is particularly greater durable to make it in, via fact there are thousands of people in simple terms as gifted or greater gifted than you all battling for the comparable interest. it is greater handy to upward push to the suitable if there is way less opposition. once you're in a great sized metro section it would no longer be no longer common to get an area following once you're any good. you're truthfully no longer too previous, yet you probably did %. a bad region to initiate from. My suggestion: flow back to the place you got here from and artwork from there. you have already got a help community of acquaintances and kinfolk there, and with the introduction of the internet you do no longer might desire to be precise interior the experts' back backyard to get observed anymore. Why sacrifice issues you do no longer might desire to sacrifice so as to make it greater durable to get observed? is mindless.

• 1 decade ago

Erin said it best.

This isn't political-correctness, it's something that should have been done years ago. It took me YEARS just to find the right shade of foundation for myself because of people like you.

If bandaids are supposed to blend in with your skin, should they not come in a variety of shades?

This is an example of white privilege: not having to see yourself as a race and thinking that everything that is made for whites is "default".

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

my mom thought this was a good idea years ago. she used to watch football and always wonder why they made the bandaids clear but still used white cotton pads in them (especially when it was a black guy with the bandaid on his nose or something and all that showed was this big white square).

its just so make it less noticable, why not try to make it so its less noticable for everyone?

• toff
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Would you think it was such a silly idea if all bandaids had previously been black ones? I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

• 1 decade ago

those band aids are stupid please dont have any hard feelings over a band aids color hey maybe you should deport the brown band aid. (sarcasm) lmao!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

what's the big deal?

---

is this what you are talking about, http://www.benetton.com/coloexb/web/foto50.html?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

To Woof: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH AHAAHAHA!!!!!!!!

I dont think they should CALL them "ETHNIC Band-aids"...but...i understand why ur a little pissed.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Crack is wack

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.