How can I believe in myself?

I'm taking my driver's exam today and I am sooooooooo scared I'm going to fail. I've gone over the checklist several times, practiced everything, read the whole handbook many times, I KNOW I'm a good driver........but I can't seem to persuade myself that I'm going to pass. I just can't. Any ideas? Please? At first, I thought I had confidence, but now, I keep saying, "I think I'm going to fail," and I'm starting to really believe it. How can I convince myself I'm going to pass? All my friends passed the first time too!!!

I live in FL btw...........

Yes! I passed!! Pretty easily, too! Thanks, guys, for all your help!!

Favorite Answer

RELAX AND JUST BREATH, BUT MOST OF ALL DON'T BE INTIMIDATED BY THE INSTRUCTOR, HE OR SHE IS JUST A PERSON.

YOU WILL DO GREAT.

Source(s): 923

Realize that many, many morons have passed the test. Then tell yourself that you are NOT a moron. If the morons of the worlds can pass, then so should you.

Your confidence will increase the more that you drive. Just do not drive thinking that you are Superwoman, invincible to all.

As for not passing, I failed my first time. I didn't see the "No Turn on Red" sign. I turned on red. Summarily I failed. The next time I passed without a deduction. Failure is not a big deal. It is a sign that you at least tried, which is better than not trying at all.

The first thing I want to say to you is just believe in yourself. No one else will unless you do first. Picture yourself actually acing the test and maybe that will lessen the tension. Having a positve attitude always helps in your performance. I don't think you should worry after all, you said that had prepared yourself already. If you don't pass the first time, hey. It's okay. That's life.

I mean look at Thomas Edison. He had to go through 2,000 experiments before coming up with a lightbulb.

GOODLUCK DEAR!

Stay in the moment.

Failing a drivers test is not unusual. It happens all the time.

You will not be the first (nor the last).

The greatest failure is to not try again.

In order to learn to ride a bike, you only have to get on it one more time then you fall off of it.