If Jesus is Lord then is Jesus God?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AvSWe...

What about all the scriptures that say the words Lord and God refering to the same person?

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=lord%2...

I never consider myself oneness or trinity but rather a Jesus Man.

Colossians 1:19

For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Colossians 2:9

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

I am wondering really what people are thinking or believeing.

Do they feel they rob God if they lift up Jesus?

Acts 4:10-12 (King James Version)

10Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Favorite Answer

Hey bro take a look a 1 John 1 verse 1 and the 1 Timothy 3 verse 16 and John 1 verse 1-3

1 John 1 verse 1 and 2,

That which was from the begining which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes which we have looked upon and our hands have handled of the Word of life

John 1 verse 1-3 and verse 10

In the begining was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

And all thing were made by him and without him was not any thing made that was made.

verse 10 He was in the world and the world was made by him and the world knew him not

1Timothy 3 verse 16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness, God was manifest in the flesh justified in the spirit, seen of angels preached unto Gentiles believed on in this world recevied up into gorly

Since some of these so-called deities are presumed eternal; than they have the ability to be in two places or more at will. Jesus, according to some beliefs; had forgotten his previous life in heaven such as an angel/heavenly body/spirit or even the arch angel Michael. Jesus, while on earth, would supposedly often pray to what was assumed to be God or his "heavenly" father. When it comes to the theory of time travel; these things can than be presumed as possibilities. In one point of view; Jesus could have been a clone or a twin brother. It may very well be that our entire perception and interpretations are deeply flawed. Earthly humans have also disowned or "given up" their own children or offspring. Perhaps the correct thing to say; was that Jesus was God or Lord and part of God or Lord at some point during his existence.

How does or would an ethereal god or deity procreate anyway?

Yes. When you see God, Lord, or Jesus, read it as Jesus. When you see Father, or Godhead, read it as our Heavenly Father.

Sometimes it can get confusing, because it wasn't translated too clearly in some places. Some times you have to try to understand from the context which one it is referring to. Plus, you have to take into account whether you believe in the Trinity or Seperate Personages.

What about all the scriptures that say the words Lord and God refering to the same person? Obviously Jesus is God...that's the only explanation.

Jesus is the son of God.

Jesus is the son of our Heavenly Father

Jesus is our elder spiritual brother

Jesus Christ is God

Jesus Christ has a resurrected body

We don't pray to Jesus

God the father is our Heavenly Father

God the father is the father of Jesus Christ

God the father has a body

We pray to God the father

The Holy Ghost does not have a body

The Holy Ghost is the Comforter of God

The Holy Ghost confirms the truth of God and Jesus Christ

Source(s): Bible, Book of Mormon

God is in Jesus...this is really a deep question that may not be able to be answered in a clear way...i have been told several things about this, & what i come up with is, Jesus is the son of God...as with all life, our children have us in them because they came from us...when Jesus prayed, He prayed to God...if He were God in a whole, why would He pray to himself, & look to the sky when He prayed as well?...why would He ask God why He has foresaken Him?...if He was God in a whole, how could He leave himself?...i believe Jesus was man & that God was in Him, but they are as one, if that makes any sence...that's just my opinion though...it's difficult to explain it's entirety, especially when you don't know 100%...scripture is there to help, but sometimes it can be a bit confusing...i just put it all in God's hands...i figure, He'll show to me what He wants me to know...He'll make a way for me to understand...He doesn't want us to be confused about Him, but we also don't need to know every last detail...i pray you get the answers your looking for, & i pray you come to Christ, if you haven't already =0 )

In regards to your question, I'm part Native American Indian and my grandparents taught me that we are all connected. Therefore, I believe that every entity is connected to the Creator's naval cord by energy. Yet, each of us are individual. So, I was taught to believe in a Father God, Mother God, Son, and Holy Spirit and I believe that each entity is connected with the same spirit, heart, and mind but they are individual. They are our Creators. I don't understand how some people can believe in a Father God and Son God without believing in a Mother God.

The Miracle of GOD is to become a man and dwell among us..it is a true mystery to imagine such a thing, but it is also a testimony to who GOD is.. the depth of HIS love and character, to do this, even amazes lucifer, and that is why lucifer rebelled.. he could not understand that GOD would lower HIMSELF if necessary..it is a hard thing to understand, one that only THE HOLY SPIRIT CAN REVEAL..

Jesus is God in human form, an ambassador of Gods message you might say. Lord means that you want to serve him and he will rule the earth for a thousand year reign sometime after the seven year tribulation period.

• CJ

Jesus is God. Even the unsaved Pharisees understood that Jesus called Himself God (John 10). The Trinity is a Biblical truth.