When and Why?

When did you choose to be a vegetarian/vegan, was it your choice? why did you choose to be one?

Favorite Answer

When I learned all the stress and all toxines taht goes while killing an animal for eating

I started being a vegetarian when meat made me sick. I'd throw up and not be able to eat anything. Once I was a vegetarian, I began feeling healthier. Plus, veggies and fruits are amazing. I don't like meat anymore. It's just gross.

• Juls

I was a lacto-veg for almost 3 years (85-87) and the reason why I stopped eating meat was because I heard a song: "Meat is Murder" by The Smiths. The thought of eating, smelling or even looking at meat made me sick for that long.

i am NOT a vegetarian and i have tried several times to become one it is just very hard to stay away from meat. BUT i do know that its very UNHEALTHY and even organic meat is no good either.

Meat is filled with hormones and steroids that the consumer consumes as well and i think this is a major reason for our expanding waist line.

JAY

i decided to become a vegetarian when i was 13, no reason really..i just felt like it. never liked the taste of meat..

when i was 15 i developed an allergy to dairy, and chose to become vegan, as i didnt even like eggs..or milk anyways.

sorry, no epic story here...i just felt like it.

About a year ago, I realized I was eating a pig, and pigs are smarter than 3 year olds even. I started to think and realized that there is no difference between eating a pig and your dog.

i am not a vegetarian but i am not that often meateater as well, i like both and it's not like i can not live without meat. I follow balanced diet so eat both and enjoy both.

hey there.this is not really a question for me cause u know i still eat meats,i just wanted to say hello

I have thought about being one but I never have been.