Is it right that my BF wants to still hang out with his ex GF?

The have been together for more than 15 yrs, and he considers her as family. It took 3 years for her to move out, meanwhile I had to wait patiently. She moved to another state a month ago, and now my BF is talking about visiting her and having lunch with her. I said "no way Jose!", they shouldnt see each other now, maybe later, in a couple of years, when I get used to the idea of them being friends, but after 3 yrs of waiting, I think I deserve some consideration. Am I right?

Favorite Answer

I dont beleive that for a sec! family? never had sex or what? i hate to tell you this but girl, wake up! they will never be anything like family but lovers.

I would definitely feel uncomfortable with them hanging out, but if they had been together that long, it sounds like you may be stuck with her. If you push the issue, he may have to decide between her and you. If she is like family to him, he may pick her. Maybe you should just calmly discuss how you feel, and ask him if you can go along to have lunch with the two of them. Maybe you can all do things together.