Is the US presence in Iraq for the benefit of Iraqis or Americans?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Neither. It benefits the global elite, and war profiteers.

• 1 decade ago

Democracy had never been imposed on a nation, historically. So that's not why the US is there.

Is it to give them safety? Well, they experience thousands of deaths a month there, so that isn't working.

Americans are experiencing staggering losses, not only deaths, but devastating injuries - more limb losses than at any time since the Civil War.

There is no benefit here. It is a horrible, tragic mess. Follow the money, though. That's always good advice.

• 1 decade ago

I would like to think our troops being in Iraq is for the benefit of Iraq, but that is very questionable. Right now it seems to be making slow process as Iraq tries to build its own democratic gov't. I think it also benefits Americans to a certain degree as well. No one wants us to be over there for such long periods of time and getting hurt, but knowing that we have control to some extent over Iraq still is a bit comforting.

Overall, I guess we wont know who gets the most out of it till its over, and that may be a while!

• 1 decade ago

Iraqi's, the middle east, and then the rest of the world. In that order.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It benefits neither. It simply serves those in power and those with business interest in oil, arms, etc.

• 1 decade ago

follow the money trail and you will know who benefits

• Barney
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Both dumbass! Try picking up a book sometime.

Any more home work questions?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

for the Saudis and

Source(s): Kuwaitis
  • 1 decade ago

Israel.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.