I can't seem to get pregnant please help!!!!!!!!?

My partner and I have been trying for a baby for 10 months now. With no luck. At the moment he is going through a bad patch at work and we can't afford £1000's on fertility treatment and nothing is free ont he bloody NHS round here anymore.

Does anyone have any useful pregnancy tips that could help me conceive? And if anyone says sex, sex and more sex, to recap, do you not think I have already thought of that?!!

Thanks

Favorite Answer

Charting your basal body temps, cervical mucus, ovulation predictor kits, there is even a saliva ovulation predictor which is reusable, about $80 from pharmacy. If you haven't done so you need to work out when your fertile time is so you can have sex at the right time. Also around your fertile time don't have sex every day as that can make your partners sperm count too low, aim for every second day as sperm can live for up to 48 hrs in you. If you are still having trouble in another 2-3 months I would go to your Doctor for a referral to a OB to get checked up, and partner get a sperm count done. Fertility treatment doesn't have to cost lots, I have been on fertility treatment and it was costing my around $200 per month including Doc visits and meds. Your partner should wear boxers instead of briefs as much as possible and cut down (or out) caffeine and alcohol for a while and both of you should be taking a multi-vitamin. It can all help.

All the info I was collecting while I was trying to get pregnant myself I shared with my friends and they all got pregnant before me, lol. Information is power. Get the power, lol

Good luck, relax and enjoy, it is supposed to be a bit of fun too.

Source(s): lots of fertility treatment for me to conceive 4 times. Two beautiful children a girl 3 yo and a boy 9 mo and 2 baby angels, taken before their time. Also try www.fertilityfriend.com

You are obviously allready taking your bbt and charting. Are you making use of OPK to see when you ovulate and hit the right dates?! I suppose you are.

Before you take that expensive step to fertility treatment why dont you let your husband/BF undergo a semen analysis? Maybe that is where the problem lies and then you can take it from there?

If you are not taking your temperature, start with that to see when you ovulate and if you ovulate.

I wish you all the best and good luck!

1. Have sex three times a week.

Having regular sex is the best way to get pregnant. Couples often try to time everything perfectly for ovulation but do not have sex when they think they are not ovulating. It is true that sex that is not within the time of ovulation will not result in pregnancy. However, because women do not always ovulate when they think they will, having sex three times a week will help to a woman cover her bases, so to speak, and not miss an opportunity to get pregnant.

2. Use an ovulation prediction kit or fertility monitor.

Using an ovulation kit to predict when you are ovulating will improve your chances of getting pregnant. For many women charting or other methods of ovulation prediction are too confusing. Ovulation prediction kits work by reading LH surges prior to ovulation. They are relatively easy to use and are generally accurate for predicting ovulation. Fertility monitors, such as the Clear Blue Easy monitor, are also a worthwhile investment if you would like to get pregnant faster. Fertility monitors are similar to ovulation prediction kits in that they read changes in LH but they also read changes in other hormones and don’t require any guesswork for couples. They are easy to use and will tell you when the best time to get pregnant is.

3. Have sex before ovulation (not after).

Sometimes couples get confused about the best time to have sex in relationship to ovulation. You have a small window of time each month to get pregnant. After a woman ovulates the egg will survive approximately 24 hours. Sperm, on the other hand, will live for up to three to five days. This is why having sex two to three days before ovulation will increase your chances of getting pregnant. Don’t wait until the day you ovulate to have sex. Your partner’s sperm will last longer than your egg and you don’t want to miss an opportunity by waiting.

4. Don’t rely on the Calendar method for predicting ovulation.

A lot of couples have heard to have sex around day fourteen of your cycle. This is based on the calendar method and assumes that you have a regular 28-day cycle and ovulate mid-cycle. Although this is better than just picking an arbitrary day to have sex, it is not a very accurate way to predict when you ovulate. Many women do not ovulate on day fourteen and knowing precisely when you ovulate will help you time intercourse better. Ovulation prediction kits, looking at previous months bbt charts, or watching for body cues will help you to determine when you ovulate.

5. Charting may not be the best way to predict ovulation.

Charting is great for tracking your cycle but it does have disadvantages. By the time you can see ovulation on a bbt chart, you have already ovulated. It is good to chart so you can track your cycles, see if you ovulate the same time each month, and also so you can look back on your cycle and see if you timed things right. But if this is your first cycle trying to get pregnant or if you are not ovulating at the same time each month, an ovulation prediction kit would be more helpful.

6. See a doctor before you start trying to get pregnant.

Make sure you are in good health and have had a regular check up from your OBGYN or medical provider. Untreated infections, sexually transmitted diseases, or poor health can affect your chances of getting pregnant. Its good to see a doctor as well as start taking prenatal vitamins prior to trying to conceive.

7. Don’t smoke, drink alcohol, or abuse drugs when trying to get pregnant.

This may seem like common sense but many women do try to get pregnant while smoking, drinking or using drugs. Smoking, drugs, and alcohol can affect your fertility. It will also affect your unborn child. It is important to stop smoking or using drugs and alcohol before getting pregnant and not wait until you find out you are pregnant.

8. Have enjoyable sex.

Sometimes when couples are trying to conceive, sex becomes a job or function of reproduction and is not as enjoyable. Plan a romantic evening or try something different to spice things up. How you are feeling sexually may factor into your chances of getting pregnant. Some researchers believe that having an orgasm during sex increases your chances of getting pregnant. For women, the spasmic movements of orgasm will help pull the sperm into the uterus and for men a better orgasm may increase the man’s sperm count.

9. Have sex in positions that keep sperm inside the vagina longer.

The missionary position is a good position to use when trying to get pregnant. Avoid positions where the woman is on top. Gravity will allow sperm to leak out with these positions. Also try placing a pillow under your hips to help tilt your pelvis and keep the sperm in longer. Don’t get up right after sex. Try to relax and allow the sperm to stay in the vagina as long as possible.

10. There is no such thing as trying too hard to get pregnant.

Most couples get pregnant within a year of trying. If you have not gotten pregnant within a year consult your doctor for advice.

it took us almost 2yrs, try this site it helped us, www.mymonthlycycle.com